- Posted on: June 7, 2018
- $40,000-$45,000 per year for 37.5 hours per week
- Starting Date: July 30, 2018
- Permanent Full-time
- Job Listing Expires: June 29, 2018
- 1 Vacancy
JKN is one of Canada’s leading providers of technology-enhanced learning products and services. Specializing in building national learning models, we work across multiple sectors, including police, security, real estate, and health and safety.
JKN is seeking a Systems Administrator to provide technical support services to JKN’s operational requirements related to information technology. This position is based in Charlottetown, reports to the Director of Operations and works 37.5 hours a week.
What We Are Looking For
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven experience as a Systems Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
- Ability to create shell scripts
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms
- Knowledge of and experience with VPN, networking/switching/routing, and site-to-site tunneling
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with Office 365
- Experience managing libvirt based KVM virtual machines
- Experience with Redis, REST/SOAP considered beneficial
- Post-Secondary education in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline. Other professional certifications (e.g. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)) are considered a plus
Bilingualism (English/French) is considered an asset. JKN values collaboration and teamwork and as such, the ideal candidate will demonstrate a collaborative spirit and will want to be part of a team that fosters a positive working environment.
What You’ll Do
The Systems Administrator’s primary responsibilities will be: to install and configure software, hardware, and networks; monitor system performance and troubleshooting issues; and, ensure security and efficiency of IT Infrastructure.
The successful candidate will:
- Install and configure software and hardware
- Manage network servers and technology tools
- Set up accounts and workstations, providing desktop support to a staff of approximately 25 people
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
- Maintain technical documentation, manuals and IT policies
If you have the skills and talents to contribute to the growth and sustainable success of JKN, please send a cover letter and résumé by 5pm on June 29, 2018.
JKN thanks all applicants but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.