- Posted on: June 12, 2018
- To be determined per hour for 40 hours per week
- Starting Date: July 1, 2018
- Permanent Full-time
- Job Listing Expires: June 30, 2018
- 1 Vacancy
The Regional General Manager provides strong management and business development for the region of responsibility. The incumbent plays a key role to provide assistance with Senior Management in the development and execution of operation plans, programs and procedures necessary for achieving the desired level of service to our clients. The Regional General Manager is responsible for strategy development, management and growth of the regional team, hiring key players, defining scope of services and client needs, in addition to ensuring projects are completed on time and within budget.
This position reports to the President.
· Manage the overall office administrative requirements of the Regional Operation and follow established policies and procedures to ensure success
· Play an active role in business development for the region; build new customer relationships and maintain existing customer relationships
· Negotiate and close deals with the assistance of Senior Management
· Assume responsibility for ensuring business compliance with company initiatives and guidelines, including environmental, health and safety, and accounts procedures
· Prepare monthly reports on the financial and operational status of the business and present report during operational meetings
· Develop and maintain an operating budget for the Regional Operation
· Provide leadership and strategic direction to Project Managers
· Conduct monthly meetings with regional team members to monitor project progress, financial status, receive feedback, and provide direction for future activities planned in order to maximize operational profitability
· Implement Human Resources policies and procedures in conjunction with the Human Resources Department
· Ensure all employees clearly understand their roles and responsibilities on the team
· Conduct formal employee performance reviews annually
· Determine staffing requirements for the Regional Operation. Hire, train, and develop personnel for growth within the organization
· Act as a navigator and a visionary to build and lead a team of dynamic and innovative professionals
· Review and sign-off on all tenders being considered prior to submittal
· Review and fully understand all new project contracts
· Represent MacLean Construction at the opening or re-launch of any project
· Visit project sites on a regular basis to monitor progress, quality, operating standards, and adherence to MacLean Construction health and safety requirements
· Ensure all MacLean Construction standards are communicated and enacted by the field operations team
· Ensure all health and safety standards and training are communicated and enacted by the field operations team
· Ensure all project reports are current and that all financial paperwork is prepared in a timely manner
· Assist with the collection of outstanding accounts when required
· Ensure the Project Manager provides the project close-out report, listing all outstanding work and deficiencies
· Monitor and evaluate the activities and services of our competitors
· Represent MacLean Construction at Chamber of Commerce functions, sponsorships and other community involvement under the direction of Senior Management
· Other duties as assigned
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
· Cost effectiveness/productivity/employee performance
· Continuous improvement/best practice
· Meet or exceed project schedule and budget expectations
· Develop a positive and collaborative relationship with all stakeholders (Client Representative, Project Manager etc.)
· MBA, BBA/B. Commerce Degree, BSc Construction Management, PEng, and/or combination of related experience
· Minimum 15 years’ experience managing personnel and engineering/construction projects
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in a GM role
· PMP designation an asset
· Strategic management skills (Planning, Financial, Analysis, Business Development) are required
· Proven ability to coordinate projects, communicate changes and progress, complete projects on time and budget, and manage project team activities
· Demonstrated success in project management and team execution
· Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
· Extensive experience with all Windows platforms, Microsoft Office, Internet, etc.
This is a full time position, with salary and benefits which commensurate with qualifications and experience.
If you are interested in this exciting career opportunity with MacLean Construction, please submit your cover letter and resume using the “Apply” button below.
MacLean Construction is an equal opportunity employer. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.