- Posted on: July 6, 2018
- $50,000 per year for 37.5 hours per week
- Starting Date: August 1, 2018
- Permanent Full-time
- Job Listing Expires: July 20, 2018
- 1 Vacancy
The Guardian is a part of SaltWire Network – the region’s leading media and marketing solutions company. Our product suite reaches millions of people every, single day. Through our digital, mobile and printed media offerings, we’ve become the largest media platform in Atlantic Canada.
We’re on the hunt for an eager and highly motivated Business Development Specialist to join our PEI sales team. The ideal applicant will be a creative, results-driven, and possess an overwhelming desire to succeed. We want someone who is keen to learn and who will be passionate about the job.
The Business Development Specialist will be responsible for creating and executing strategies, sales plans and marketing tactics to develop new business with current and prospective clients. They will utilize product, customer and market knowledge, in addition to excellent sales skills to deliver customer solutions.
It’s an exciting time to join the SaltWire Network, and if you are looking for an opportunity to have a lasting impact on a growing team, we hope you’ll take the time to learn more about this role!
In This Role You Will:
- Achieve sales goals through new customer growth;
- Manage an active business development funnel and ensure effective conversion rates;
- Develop a strong pipeline of new customers through prospecting;
- Engage prospective clients and uncover current needs and future opportunities;
- Develop compelling multimedia proposal packages;
- Create customer records by entering data into Salesforce to ensure accurate sales activity;
- Meet or exceed monthly goals; and
- Manage client relationships and ensure ongoing satisfaction and value delivery.
- 2 years of experience in sales/business development;
- Exceptional customer engagement and servicing skills;
- Keen understanding of both media and marketing trends that affect target customer groups;
- Self- motivated and able to adapt the sales approach as a necessary means to achieve financial objectives;
- Demonstrated effective and persuasive communication skills;
- Previous media sales experience is considered an asset but not required; and,
- Ability to multi-task, have high energy, and ability to excel in a fast-paced environment.
Qualified applicants are invited to forward their cover letter and resume quoting posting #55-18, before 11:59 p.m. on the July 20, 2018 closing date.
We look forward to meeting you.