BioTraceIT™ values the capacity to improve medical care and interventions by quantifying pain, ultimately impacting quality of life and wellness. BioTraceIT™ focuses on novel technologies at the cutting edge of wearable health care. We deem new solutions as paramount to new paradigms. By measuring pain, we qualify wellness.
BioTraceIT™ is seeking a Senior Data Scientist with blockchain development experience within Healthcare IoT to ensure that IoT medical device data is integrated with electronic medical records and individual patient data sources by leveraging machine learning / AI for predictive analytics. Blockchain development is required for data security architecture. The ideal candidate will have expertise in software development including: coding, analytics, EMR, NLP, and medical acumen and an understanding of the complex healthcare systems and treatment areas (common practice and guidelines) as well as a focus on big data analytics and blockchain.
- Knowledge of modern statistical and machine learning techniques, including deep learning.
- Advanced knowledge of the application of machine learning to natural language processing and life sciences.
- In-depth knowledge of pattern recognition and feature extraction algorithms.
- Experience in architecting back end to incorporate blockchain, informatics and data analytics for diagnostics, therapeutics, medical history (EMR integration), activity tracking, speech recognition annotations, and others.
- Defining and implementing an integrated data repository strategy for medical device data, including clustering, concurrent versioning, speech annotation, EMRs, therapeutics, and others.
- Ability to iteratively improve system performance through systematic empirical evaluation.
- Knowledge of techniques for running advanced algorithms in a “big data” and high performance computing environment, including knowledge of the use of GPUs.
- A background in working with ECG-like signals is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of EHR, UMLS classification and coding standards and cTakes a plus.
- Demonstrating excellent partnership and collaboration with other functions within the company to support common initiatives on medical devices.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following experience:
- PhD or MS in computer science, behavioral science or equivalent 10+ years of experience in software development.
- 5+ year of experience in the integrated care space, aggregating data from different information systems such as EMR, census data, etc.
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix, programming and scripting languages such as C/C++, Java, Perl, Python, Shell, MatLab, XML, Visual Basic, HTML, PROLOG, LISP, VoiceXML, Unix shell, and SQL as well as some machine learning frameworks.
- Experience with full stack Java web development, including the following technologies: Java, Spring, Groovy, and Gradle
- Experience with Cloud service development and support including Amazon Web Services (AWS), EC2 + VPC (including Launch Configurations and Auto Scaling Groups), S3 + CloudFront, RDS, Route53, IAM, CloudWatch, WPEngine.
- Experience with HIPPA, IHE / HL7 Experience in US, Canada, and European Clinical guidelines for treatment areas understanding the healthcare system, payers, provides, ACOs, and PBMs
- Experience in design controls and FDA/CAN/CSA / ISO 13485 / IEC 62304 compliant software development.
- Proficiency in the following would be helpful: NLTK, OpenNLP, clearNLP, Hadoop, MapReduce, IDRs and others.
- Proven evidence of released applications achieving measurable behavior change in the health or fitness domains
§ In order to ensure a prompt and efficient processing of applications, candidates are encouraged to provide, along with their résumé, a detailed covering letter explaining how they meet each of the requirements of this position (education, experience, language requirements) by providing concrete examples. In addition, the candidate is encouraged to describe in detail when, where and how he/she gained the experience.
§ BioTraceIT offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
§ The incumbent must adhere to safe workplace practices at all times.
§ We thank all those who apply and will make an effort to contact each candidate, however while we appreciate your interest we may be able to only contact those selected for further consideration.
To learn more about BioTraceIT, please visit https://biotraceit.com
Agile Software Development
Database Management System
Scrum Agile Methodology
Software as a Service
User Experience Design