WorkPEI.ca (“WorkPEI”) is provided by the Government of the Province of Prince Edward Island (the “Province”). WorkPEI is an Internet application that facilitates job seekers and employers in Prince Edward Island to connect online, free of any service charges. WorkPEI specifically enables job seekers to view, search and apply to job listings free of charge at their own convenience.
3.0 Anonymous Users
You may use WorkPEI as an Anonymous User to view program information and related content without providing any personal information.
4.0 Registered Users
Registered Users have access to additional features on WorkPEI. Participation is voluntary, however refusing to provide personal information where requested will result in you not being able to create an account as a Registered User on WorkPEI.
To become a Registered User, you must provide a valid e-mail address, choose a username and supply a password which will be used to allow you to access your user account. Your preferences will be stored in your user account, but these can only be accessed by you. Your e-mail address may also be used to assist you if you forget your login information.
Personal information collected by the WorkPEI website is collected under section 31(c) of Prince Edward Island's Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIPP) Act for the purpose of providing you with access to job publishing resources. If you have questions about the collection of personal information, call the Provincial Manager, Access and Privacy Services at 902-569-0568.
In the event that you are accessing your account or WorkPEI from outside of Canada, you hereby consent to your personal information being accessed from outside of Canada.
You also understand and agree that any non-personal information provided by you through your use of WorkPEI may be used anonymously, in aggregate form only, for program review, analysis and reporting and for statistical research purposes.
5.0 Obligations of Registered Users
As a Job Seeker you hereby understand and agree that WorkPEI provides an Internet job listing service that is accessible to the public.
You understand and agree not to use the Service for any purpose other than to search available employment opportunities and, if desired, to apply to those employment opportunities.
As a Job Seeker, you may also search the member directory of Employers who are Registered Users of WorkPEI. WorkPEI reserves the right to limit your use of these services, including the number of searches you may perform and your ability to contact other Registered Users.
You further understand and agree:
- that you have read, understood and acknowledge that you must comply with any privacy legislation that applies to you with respect to your use of WorkPEI;
- to supply the Province, upon request, with sufficient documentation as may be reasonably necessary to validate information that you provide to the Province in association with WorkPEI.
You also understand and agree that any non-personal information provided by you in your user account may be used, in aggregate form only, for program review, analysis and reporting and for statistical research purposes. This statistical research will relate to general labour market indicators such as industry and job types and their associated requirements (including educational requirements), availability, geographical distribution and salaries.
6.0 User Accounts
As a Registered User on WorkPEI you will be provided with a user account. You understand and agree to:
- provide accurate information and to keep it updated;
- use your real name in your profile;
- use the services provided in your user account in a professional manner.
You further understand and agree NOT to:
- act dishonestly or unprofessionally, including by publishing inappropriate, inaccurate, or objectionable content;
- add content that is not intended for, or inaccurate for, a designated field (e.g. submitting a telephone number in the “title” or any other field, or including telephone numbers, email addresses, street addresses or any personally identifiable information for which there is not a field provided by WorkPEI);
- use an image that is not your likeness or a head-shot photo of another person for your resume cover photo;
- create a false identity on WorkPEI;
- misrepresent your current or previous positions and qualifications;
- misrepresent your affiliations with a person or entity, past or present;
- create a user account for anyone other than yourself (a real person);
- use or attempt to use another's account;
- harass, abuse or harm another person;
- send spam or other unwelcomed communications to others;
- scrape or copy profiles and information of others through any means (including crawlers, browser plugins and add-ons, and any other technology or manual work);
- act in an unlawful, libelous, abusive, obscene, discriminatory or otherwise objectionable manner;
- disclose information that you do not have the right to disclose such as confidential information of others (including your employer);
- violate intellectual property rights of others, including patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights or other proprietary rights;
- violate the intellectual property or other rights of WorkPEI, including, without limitation, using the word “WorkPEI” or our logos in any business name, email, or URL;
- post any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” or any other form of solicitation unauthorized by WorkPEI;
- send messages to distribution lists, newsgroup aliases, or group aliases;
- post anything that contains software viruses, worms, or any other harmful code;
- manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any message or post transmitted through the services on WorkPEI;
- create or operate a pyramid scheme, fraud or other similar practice on WorkPEI;
- copy or use the information, content or data of others available on WorkPEI (except as expressly authorized);
- copy or use the information, content or data on WorkPEI in connection with a competitive service (as determined by WorkPEI);
- copy, modify or create derivative works of WorkPEI, the services offered by WorkPEI or any related technology (except as expressly authorized by WorkPEI);
- reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the services on WorkPEI or any related technology, or any part thereof;
- imply or state that you are affiliated with or endorsed by WorkPEI without our express consent;
- rent, lease, loan, trade, sell/re-sell access to the services on WorkPEI or any related information or data;
- sell, sponsor, or otherwise monetize any feature of WorkPEI, without WorkPEI's consent;
- link to WorkPEI for any purpose other than to promote your profile or affiliated content, without WorkPEI 's consent;
- remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on WorkPEI;
- collect, use, copy, or transfer any information obtained from WorkPEI without the consent of WorkPEI;
- share or disclose information of others without their express consent;
- use manual or automated software, devices, scripts robots, other means or processes to access, “scrape,” “crawl” or “spider” the services of WorkPEI or any related data or information;
- use bots or other automated methods to access the services of WorkPEI, add or download contacts, send or redirect messages;
- monitor WorkPEI's availability, performance or functionality for any competitive purpose;
- engage in “framing,” “mirroring,” or otherwise simulating the appearance or function of the services of WorkPEI;
- override any security feature of WorkPEI;
- interfere with the operation of, or place an unreasonable load on, WorkPEI (e.g., spam, denial of service attack, viruses, gaming algorithms);
7.0 Job Listings
The Province validates any information provided by Employers in any job listing submitted for publishing.
The Province monitors the content of WorkPEI job listings. It is the Province’s policy that any job listing that falls within any of the following categories will not be approved for publication or may be removed, as the case may be:
- job listings that charge fees to applicants;
- job listings that require a monetary investment as part or all of the opportunity;
- volunteer opportunities;
- job listings where there are no available openings at the time of publishing;
- job listings for positions which pay commissions only (unless clearly represented as such);
- job listings that constitute or require recruitment of others, sub-distributors or sub-agents;
- job listings containing inappropriate, offensive or illegal content, such as defamatory statements, inflammatory or discriminatory content or hiring practices based on gender, sexual orientation, age, religious affiliations, disability or ethnicity;
- any commercial solicitation and/or advertising other than for specific employment opportunities;
- job listings that require job seekers to participate in unpaid training as a condition of hiring;
- job listings for the recruitment of replacement workers during a labour dispute;
- job listings for employment opportunities based outside of Prince Edward Island;
- job listings that are a duplicate of a job listing currently being advertised on WorkPEI including jobs already published on the Job Bank;
- any other content WorkPEI deems inappropriate.
If you should encounter a job listing that falls into any of the above categories, you are asked to immediately contact us and provide details of the offending listing so that it can be reviewed by WorkPEI.
8.0 Employment or Placement Agencies
An employment agent (employed by a placement or staffing agency) may use WorkPEI to post jobs on behalf of an employer or client, however all job listings must be for positions that are located in Prince Edward Island.
In order to prove that a legitimate business relationship exists, the employment agent must be prepared to disclose the name and contact information of the employer, business or client, for each submitted job listing in order for the listing to be published on WorkPEI.
This information will not be displayed publicly to Job Seekers. In the event a Job Seeker makes an inquiry to WorkPEI requesting the name of the employer in question, WorkPEI will contact the employment agency to advise that WorkPEI will share the employer’s name with the Job Seeker making the request for information.
WorkPEI validates any information provided by an Employer in any job listing submitted for publication made on the behalf of an employment or placement agency.
9.0 Conditions of Use
- WorkPEI being free of malware, including viruses, or other harmful components; and
- the accuracy, completeness or currency of any information available through the Service.
The Province is not responsible and assumes no liability with respect to any of the information provided to create an account with WorkPEI or in relation to any job listing published using WorkPEI. The Province is not responsible for lost, intercepted, incomplete, illegible, misdirected or stolen messages or mail, unavailable connections, failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmissions, online failures, hardware, software or other technical malfunctions or disturbances.
Although an employer must be approved by the Province to become a Registered User and to post a job listing with WorkPEI, the employer may not be who they claim to be (especially in the case of job listings found on other sites and merely linked to by WorkPEI). You should exercise caution and only disclose personal information that is essential for replying to any job listing.
By accessing and using WorkPEI as a Registered User, you understand and agree that you are aware an employer who is a Registered User of WorkPEI may be your current or former employer.
10.0 Limitation of Liability
In addition to the Province’s general Limitation of Liability, under no circumstances will the Province be liable to any person or business entity for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or other damages based on:
- any use or inability to use the WorkPEI service, or
- any lack of availability or delay in using the WorkPEI service, or the publishing or removal of any job listing.
Any dispute at any time arising between you and an employer shall be solely between you and the employer, including any dispute that may arise between you and your current employer.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Province and its successors, assigns, ministers, officers, employees and agents from any claim, action, demand, loss or damages, including lawyers’ fees, made or incurred by any third party in any way arising out of your use of WorkPEI, including as between you and the employer or your current employer.
11.0 Termination of Use
The Province of PEI adheres to the highest standards of internet protocol, is committed to providing users with websites that are respectful to the diverse needs of all users, and respects privacy, copyright, and labour laws. The Province may, without notice to you, temporarily or permanently terminate your access to WorkPEI if:
- you use WorkPEI for any purpose other than as a Job Seeker seeking employment; or
- your user ID or password are compromised or insecure, or are suspected of being compromised or insecure.
The Province may at any time revoke your access to WorkPEI if you use the service otherwise than for legitimately searching and applying for employment opportunities for your own personal purposes only.
You are responsible for keeping your WorkPEI account login information, including password, secure. You must not share this information with any third party for any purpose.
13.0 Employment and Labour Standards
Employers are responsible for ensuring that each job and the related job listing is in compliance with all applicable employment laws and labour standards before submitting the job listing to WorkPEI. Any job listing that may be determined by the Province to not be in compliance with the foregoing may either be removed without notice or not posted.