Remember when they told us the Internet would create a paperless office? So do we, but many companies still require paper copies of important documents including resumes from applicants for job openings.
One of the most requested features on WorkPEI is the ability for employers to print copies of the online resumes created by our member job seekers. We’re happy to say this is now available, and we’re here to give you some helpful tips on how to make the process go smoothly.
To print an online resume using a PC, follow these steps:
- Choose Print by either right-clicking your mouse and selecting Print, or choosing Print from your browser’s menu. Most browsers have this under the “File” dropdown menu.
- After choosing Print, your print dialogue box will appear with various default settings. Choose accordingly.
- Click on “More Settings” where you have the option to turn off header and footer information (optional).
If you prefer to save and print your resume as an Adobe PDF file, and many do, look for the Destination label and click on the “Change”. Once clicked, you can select “Save as PDF” or “AdobePDF” if you want to go directly to Print.
To print an online resume using a Macintosh computer, follow these steps:
- Choose Print as above and when the print dialogue box appears, look for the “Open in PDF” option near the bottom.
- Once clicked, the resume will open in Preview and you can either export the file as a PDF or print the file as a PDF document by selecting “File” in the main menu.
These instructions are primarily relevant using new versions of the Google Chrome browser but all popular and current browsers offer very similar options to enable printing and saving our online resumes. Some of our instructions will vary based on the operating system you’re using, but for the most part these options are available using similar steps.
If you require further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us and we’ll help you through the process.