- Posted on: November 8, 2018
- $20.00-$25.00 per hour for 44 hours per week
- Starting Date: November 19, 2018
- Permanent Full-time
- Job Listing Expires: December 7, 2018
- 1 Vacancy
Coast Tire has a full-time opening in our Summerside PEI Location for a Licensed Truck & Transport Technician. We are a leader in Truck repairs and Tires and Automotive aftermarket with locations throughout NB, NS and PEI. The successful candidate must be physically capable to do the work and must take appropriate training for the trade and safety.
- Truck & Transport Technician License; with MVI certification
- Reefer experience with HVAC license an asset;
- Valid Driver’s License; must be insurable (no major infractions in last 7 years)
- Must be adaptable and possess excellent oral and communication skills
- Must have a positive attitude and an ability to organize and prioritize multiple objectives
- Ability to work independently and with others; a strong team player with high energy and a willingness to mentor apprentices
- Must be detail oriented; have an ability to utilize computer systems and programs
- Must have appropriate tools for the job.
Main Job Duties include:
- Perform Maintenance and repairs to all types of trucks, trailers, motor homes and automotive. (e.g. adjust/test steering, electrical, cooling, lubricating, braking systems, drive trains, suspensions, power steering units, clutches, transmissions and diesel engine components, etc.)
- Ability to inspect truck and trailers (MVI’s)
- Ensure work orders are filled in completely and properly. This includes pertinent info such as customer information, plate #, mileage, work to be performed or found, results of damages found in visual inspection, recording torque values or attaching torque slips, recording tire pressures and tread depths, any problems incurred while completing the work order.
- Complete customer inspection sheets (as required) and repairs as requested.
- Perform required vehicle maintenance and document.
- Communicate with customers as required or needed.
- Ensure equipment is properly inspected and maintained.
- Install and repair vehicles following the proper procedures which adhere to accepted industry standards and provincial requirements.
- Tidy work area and ensure general cleanliness of shop.
- Make sure bay door is locked at end of each day.
- May require After Hour Service on a rotational basis.
- Other duties as required and as requested.
If you are interested in working with a leader in the Automotive, Truck & Tire Industry, please send us a copy of your resume. We offer a full & competitive compensation package.
SkillsAbility to Take Initiative; Coaching; Detail Oriented; Problem Solving; Troubleshooting;
Apply to this job online at workpei.ca/jobs
You must sign in to apply for this position.