- Posted on: September 7, 2018
- $33,000 per year for 40 hours per week
- Starting Date: September 24, 2018
- Permanent Full-time
- Job Listing Expires: October 15, 2018
- 1 Vacancy
Location: The Loyalist Country Inn and Conference Centre, Summerside, PE
Salary: $33,000 annually for 40 hours weekly.
Employment Conditions: Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, On Call, Early Morning, Morning
Benefits: Gratuities, Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Vision Care, Group Insurance Benefits
The Loyalist Country Inn and Conference Center is scheduled for major renovations and rebranding as new ownership has taken over this past March. With 82 guest rooms available in our hotel as well as dining facilities, we pride ourselves on professionalism and catering to our guests’ needs. We also feature 5 meeting rooms with over 5000 sq. feet that can be used for conferences, meetings, weddings, and other events.
- Diploma or Certificate in Hospitality, Event Planning, or a related field
- 1-2 years’ experience working in food and beverage or catering in hotel/motel/resort setting and/or 1-2 years’ experience in supervisory/management role in event management
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote conference and meeting services or special events
- Participates in client site inspections and assists with the sales process as reuqired
- Ensures that events progress seamlessly by following established procedures, collaborating with other employees and ensuring event details are accurate
- Co-ordinate and monitor conference and meeting activities
- Co-ordinate with appropriate vendors if applicable
- Hands-on execution of events and catering to guest needs on the day of
- Ensures billing accuracy and conducts billing reviews with clients
- Manages group guestroom blocks and meeting space, liaising closely with the Guest Services team
- Prepare, present, and manage budgets
- Prepare final financial and other reports as required
- Supervise staff of 11-15 people
- Perform hiring and recruitment strategies as needed
- Develop policies and procedures and attend to other management responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned
- Adaptability- Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication – Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making- Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develop and evaluate alternatives and solutions, solve problems, and choose a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor – Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams- Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Driving for Results- Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required
- Planning and Organizing – Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Event Planning- The ability to connect with customers, detail events, upsell products and services, manage multiple customers at a given time, be detailed orientated, understand and have a working knowledge of catering and event management systems.
- Event Services- Have a working knowledge of standards and procedures for proper meeting room and table set-ups, various meeting room and table configurations and the set-up of staging and dance flooring.
- Fast-paced environment
- May require more than 40 hour work week when business volumes dictate
- Work under pressure
- Tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
To apply, use the button below.