Island Investment Development Inc. (Operating as the Office of Immigration)
- Posted on: November 8, 2019
- $52,785-$65,980 (L15 IIDI) per year for 37.5 hours per week
- Starting Date: December 2, 2019
- Temporary Full-time
- Job Listing Expires: November 12, 2019
- 1 Vacancy
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
Island Investment Development Inc. Operating as the Office of Immigration
Bilingual Employer Outreach and Marketing Officer
Location – Summerside, PE
Full-Time, Temporary One Year Term (Commencing Immediately)
The purpose of the Bilingual Employer Outreach and Marketing Officer position is to coordinate and administer our labour streams with the PEI Nominee program and the Atlantic Immigration Pilot program. The officer will be responsible to market immigration and pathways to PEI employers to address workforce gaps. In addition the officer will:
– discuss available options with foreign nationals looking to immigrate to PEI;
– prepare and discuss available scenarios/strategies and collaborate with business owners seeking foreign labour to fill labour market gaps;
– assess applications for foreign nationals looking for pathways to Permanent Residency through available programs;
– develop and maintain working relationships with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, PEI businesses and settlement agencies, such as the Prince Edward Island Association for Newcomers and Coopérative d’Intégration francophone;
– develop and deliver presentations, based on labour research and analysis to provincial, national and international audiences on available immigration programs provincially and federally to achieve program results; and
– prepare and develop informative marketing presentations to businesses, post-secondary institutions, other government departments on availability of foreign labour and available pathways for obtaining work permits and Permanent Residency.
– A university degree in business administration, marketing, communication or equivalent;
– Fluent in French and English ;
– Considerable experience (3-5 years) in immigration matters;
– Demonstrated equivalencies will be considered;
– A knowledge of Immigration, Refugee, and Citizenship Canada’s regulations and legislation for Canada;
– An in-depth knowledge of available immigration programs in Prince Edward Island;
– Professional presentation and communication skills;
– Solid interpersonal, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills;
– Strong computer skills including word processing, spread sheet, data base and presentation software;
– The ability to interview and gather information through interpreters; and
– Valid PEI driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
– Experience in the local business community would be considered an asset
Please ensure the application clearly demonstrates how you meet the noted qualifications as applicants will be screened based on the information provided. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary Range: $52,785-$65,980 (Level 15 IIDI Pay Scale)
Posting ID: 2019-01 (IIDI)
Closing Date: November 12, 2019 5:00 pm
If interested, please submit a resume to Crystal-Lynn O’Meara, HR Officer, Department Economic Growth, Tourism & Culture by using the apply button below.
You must sign in to apply for this position.