- Posted on: January 10, 2019
- To be determined per year for 37.5 hours per week
- Starting Date: January 10, 2019
- Permanent Full-time
- Job Listing Expires: February 10, 2019
- 1 Vacancy
Recent graduates welcome to apply.
The Intermediate Web Developer will collaborate with the development team in the design, implementation and deployment of web applications. This position reports to the Systems Architect and Project Manager.
- Work with and report to the Systems Architect and Project Manager to implement project plans on time;
- Assist with the development of functional specifications for web applications;
- Develop web applications using popular development tools such as Visual Studio;
- Design data models and implement these on database platforms such as MS Access & SQL Server;
- Test functionality of the web sites in local and online test environments;
- Provide technical support to clients when necessary;
- Perform general technical office maintenance tasks such as technical documentation, data backups and hardware, software & networking upgrades.
Requirements / Qualifications
- University degree in the field of Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of web application development experience
- Solid overall experience in related IT disciplines
- Hands-on experience coding in at least one currently popular web application framework
- Demonstrated ability to envision web-based solutions that meet client requirements
- Ability to discern user requirements and develop specifications
- Experience / expertise in the design and deployment of web solutions, handling of legacy systems, business intelligence and related technologies
Knowledge of web standards
- Familiarity with information security vulnerabilities and risk management
- Familiarity with consumer privacy and payments industry compliance requirements
- Positive, passionate, self-motivated and hard-working
- Proven leadership ability and excellent interpersonal skills
- Superior analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent organizational and written/oral communication skills
- Ability to capture the vision of the company and its clients
- Ability to deliver high quality systems on time and on budget.
This is a full time permanent position with competitive salary, bonuses and benefits.
If you feel that you possess the above qualifications and that this is a position you would enjoy, we invite you to submit your resume to Feije de Boer. We thank all applicants however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply to this job online at workpei.ca/jobs
You must sign in to apply for this position.