- Posted on: July 11, 2018
- To be negotiated per hour for 40+ hours per week
- Starting Date: July 30, 2018
- Permanent Full-time
- Job Listing Expires: July 23, 2018
- 1 Vacancy
The Operations Manager will be responsible for:
- Coaching Foreman and checking quality daily
- Overseeing multiple Foreman and their respective crews
- Arrange materials for job sites (gravel, stone etc) & staying in good standing with vendors
- Floating machines as appropriate to keep teams moving
- Ensuring teams have the proper tools (renting, maintaining etc)
- Job site prep, painting and walkthroughs with teams
- Monitoring and ensuring each Foreman and team are building in accordance with industry and Earthform standards. “Right the first time”
- Monitor LMN time, approve hours
- Collect material lists, packing slips etc and provide to finance.
- Work onsite if/as required
- Liaising with home owners, keeping them updated on progress, change orders, issues etc.
- If a change order requires a design change, the Operations Manager will contact the Sales Manager for a new design
- Coaching and training new team members. While Laborourers and Technicians will learn mainly from their Foreman, the Operations Manager will ensure that they are receiving the training they need and the appropriate supervision to ensure they learn the right way.
- 1st point of contact for Foreman on jobs if they have questions, concerns or need guidance.
- Report directly to the Operations Director / General Manager, keeping them updated on day to day operations
- Responsible for overall job delivery. Each Foreman is individually responsible for their project, the Operations Manager has collective responsibility for all projects under his/her supervision.
- Yard cleanliness and organization
- During winter, the responsibilities shift to coordinating and supporting snow removal
- Dispatching teams
- Salting and supervising
- Monitoring stock levels and reordering supplies (salt etc)
- Keeping equipment in good operating condition