- Posted on: March 26, 2019
- $17.75 - $21.10 per hour for 40 hours per week
- Starting Date: March 26, 2019
- Permanent Full-time
- Job Listing Expires: April 26, 2019
- 1 Vacancy
POSITION AVAILABLE: Mechanic
Under the supervision of the Maintenance Manager, inspects, maintains and repairs the mechanical systems in the Processing and Waste Treatment plants. 40 hours per week but may require periodic nights and/or after hours on call.
– Undertakes the regular inspection and maintenance of mechanical systems.
– Develops and carries out preventive maintenance schedules for mechanical systems.
– Performs planned and emergency repairs to these systems.
– Operates tools and equipment as required.
– Maintains required reports.
– Interacts with contract personnel or companies to ensure repair and maintenance of mechanical equipment.
– Performs such other duties as may be required.
– Inform other employees of unsafe working and operating practices and report any action sited to supervisor if not corrected immediately.
– Perform any duty assigned including plant clean-up, housekeeping or operation of any area required.
– Follow all housekeeping policies daily according to good manufacturing practices.
– Available for call-in after hours.
– Millwright or Industrial Mechanic Certificate or an equivalent combination of education and training an asset.
– Must be mechanically inclined.
– Reads and interprets schematics and blueprints.
– Good writing, communication and math skills.
– Computer literacy.
– Experience with preventive maintenance programs and applications an asset.
– Ability to analyze, troubleshoot and correct situations.
CertificationsIndustrial Mechanic (Millwright) - Red Seal
Apply to this job online at workpei.ca/jobs
You must sign in to apply for this position.