- Slemon Park
- Posted on: October 9, 2018
- $50,000-$60,000 per year for 40 hours per week
- Starting Date: November 5, 2018
- Permanent Full-time
- Job Listing Expires: October 23, 2018
- 1 Vacancy
Nature & Scope of Position
This is an entry-level position for an engineering professional. This position is designed to allow the incumbent the opportunity to develop their skills in a safe, supervised environment. The incumbent will be expected to gain progressive autonomy as they acquire experience in the various duties required of this position. The position requires a person with a Bachelor of Engineering degree, or its equivalent, and membership (or eligibility for membership) within the Association of Professional Engineers of Prince Edward Island.
It is important to note that an incumbent will be expected to ‘assist’ in the functions below as they further their experience. It is expected that the incumbent will develop to a point where they will be able to complete these functions with limited supervision over time.
• Very good understanding of the companies Quality policies and procedures.
• Generate workscope instructions for the investigation and repair of engines removed prematurely and/or for engines where scheduled maintenance must be expanded due to unforeseen developments.
• Conduct root cause investigations of engines removed from service prematurely and generate reports of said investigations for submission to the OEM, the Customer, and Transport Canada.
• Make Service Bulletin recommendations to Customer Service for engine modification.
• Review non-conforming product and provide dispositions, monitor trends and as a result initiate process reviews and/or continuous improvement projects.
• Provide troubleshooting services to the test cell for any engines which do not meet test requirements.
• Provide internal technical support to the Machine Shop, Process Shop, Engine Shop, and Inspection areas, addressing any questions or concerns which develop in these areas.
• Provide technical support to customers, typically via the Customer Service Manager or Marketing agent, for on-wing issues (engine related).
• Provide technical support to our satellite shops around the world (Western Canada, USA, Africa and Australia) and work with our sister companies (Western Canada, UK and France) to resolve engine related issues.
• Develop and publish repairs which are not currently specified in the OEM manuals.
• Act as a liaison between the Company and the OEM and/or between the Company and our subcontract vendors for all technical issues.
• Review and approve OEM manuals prior to their release to the technicians. This includes the generation of Atlantic Technical Data Revision sheets, or ATDR’s, to address errors or shortcomings in the manuals.
• Participation and leadership in Continuous Improvement activities including: Root Cause Analysis, Value Stream Mapping, Lean, Six Sigma and 5S.
• Performing all other duties as required to ensure departmental efficiencies.Position Requirements
• Must possess a Bachelors degree in Engineering from a recognized institution, or have experience judged equivalent by the Director of Customer & Technical Services.
• A professional focus on Quality and Public Safety above all other concerns.
• Familiarity with current Canadian Airworthiness Regulations (CAR’s) and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations is an asset.
• Must be able to work well in a team environment and also be able to break off and work independently to meet deadlines.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Working knowledge and experience in the use of MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Navixa, and Airsoft, as well as Digital Cameras and photo software.
• Applicants with a mechanical aptitude are preferred.
An individual in this capacity must be aware that the position will involve:
• Working from an office setting.
• Spending extended periods of time working at a computer.
• Must be willing to walk to various areas throughout the facility throughout the day.
• Spending extended periods of time at various locations in the facility trouble shooting, problem solving and providing technical assistance.
• Safety shoes will be required.