- Posted on: August 9, 2018
- $15.60 per hour for 40 hours per week
- Starting Date: August 27, 2018
- Seasonal Full-time
- Job Listing Expires: August 20, 2018
- 23 Vacancies
Cavendish Farms is a leading producer of frozen food products for retail and foodservice markets throughout Canada, the United States and around the world. We have two state-of-the-art potato processing plants in PEI, another in Jamestown, ND and Lethbridge, Alberta and an appetizer plant in Wheatley, ON. Our Head office is in Dieppe, NB and sales office locations are in Toronto, Montreal and Boston.
Reporting to the Farm Manager, the Farm Labourer/Operator will be a results-driven, self-starter who is always looking for opportunities for improvement, and has the ability to adapt to a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
Cavendish Farms is looking for Farm Labourers for a period of 3 weeks up to 6 months. Positions available at our New Annan, Pooles Corner and O’leary locations.
Successful Candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Must have valid driver’s license;
• Ability to lift up to 40lbs (18kgs);
• Availability to work extended hours, evenings and weekends (7 days a week during harvest season);
• Ability to do manual physical labour;
• Ability to work independently and in a fast paced team environment;
• Willingness to work outdoors in various weather conditions;
• High degree of attention to detail and demonstrated ability to multi-task;
• Previous forklift or skid steer experience would be considered an asset;
• Mechanical aptitude and previous experience working in farm operations would be considered an asset.
• Seasonal labourer positions during filling of the potato warehouses.
• Equipment operation of all the equipment used in the potato warehouses (if qualified).
• All other duties as assigned.