- Multiple PEI Locations
- Posted on: March 11, 2019
- $150,266-$162,160 per year for 37.5 hours per week
- Starting Date: March 18, 2019
- Permanent Full-time
- Job Listing Expires: August 31, 2019
- 5 Vacancies
The East Prince Health Primary Care Network requires Family Physicians to provide the full scope of primary care support within the health network catchment area.
Located in the western part of Prince Edward Island, you will be working in a area known for its red sand beaches, breathtaking views, friendly communities, and the world-famous seafood and culinary adventures.
The East Prince Health Primary Care Network is operated by Health PEI, a crown corporation responsible for the delivery of publicly funded health services in Prince Edward Island. Health PEI’s head office is located at 16 Garfield Street, Charlottetown, PEI.
- Four (4) positions beginning immediately
- One (1) position beginning July 2019
Physicians have the option of choosing a salary or fee-for-service payment modality.
Base salary range is $150,266 – $162,160
- An additional blended payment is available and is paid as a percentage of approved shadow billings (when a defined threshold is met)
- On-call work outside of regular salary hours is remunerated by on-call retainer and fee for service
- Includes benefits such as paid vacation entitlement starting at four weeks annually, paid time and funds for Continuing Medical Education, and contribution to a cost-shared RRSP program.
Fee-for-service is based on the Tariff of Fees in the Master Agreement
For further information on salary models, benefits package, and tariff of fees, view the Master Agreement.
Hours of work:
The salaried physician will be required to work 7.5 hours per day/37.5 hours/week
- Return-in-Service Grant and Moving Expense Allowance may be available.
- Opportunity to teach with the PEI Residency Training Program with faculty appointment at Dalhousie University.
- Electronic patient record system (hospital based) with access to lab and x-ray reports from office.
- Other incentives as per the Master Agreement.
Certifications and Other Requirements:
- MCCEE, MCCQE Part I and MCCQE Part II as well as 1- 2 years of clinical experience working in Canada.
- Eligibility for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of PEI.
- Appointment to the Health PEI Medical Staff and appropriate privileging.
- CCFP physicians will be given priority.
- Work experience preferable.
“In the event of a discrepancy in information on this website and the Master Agreement, the Master Agreement shall prevail.”
Apply to this job online at workpei.ca/jobs
You must sign in to apply for this position.