Position Summary: At the beginning the Associate works alongside the staff to provide exceptional customer service on both the loaning and retail side by greeting, and interacting with customers to process sales and loan related transactions. Associates will work with a wide variety of merchandise including: jewelry, video games, tools, musical instruments and electronics. Once an associate has reached a high level of experience in this environment, they begin training to buy merchandise. Buying Associates effectively communicate with customers to determine their needs. They are able to quickly research items and their fair market value, and purchase or loan items brought in by customers on behalf of the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet and interact with all customers to determine their individual needs and recommend appropriate merchandise or financial solutions.
- Performs non-management open/close procedures.
- Keep sales floor clean, stocked and maintains display of merchandise.
- Perform sales, buy, and loan transactions.
- Handle all cash and customer items with care and respect to established policies and procedures.
- Effectively assess potential merchandise and purchase into the store following established procedures and standards
- Building customer relationships
- Basic math skills (percentages)
- Receptive to constructive criticism
- Answer incoming and outgoing calls.
- Effectively communicates to customers: our sales, and loan policies, and routines.
- Communicate effectively with fellow coworkers and managers, displaying respect and effective communication tools.
- Partner with coworkers to create an exceptional customer experience.
- Assisting co-workers with training needs and addressing these needs to management if training is further required.
- Successfully complete an entry level training program, as well as the Buyer training program.
- Demonstrates desired skill growth and behavioral change as a result of this training as observed through consistent, systematic observation and skill evaluation.
- Successfully completes any additional or refresher training as required.
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- Completion of High school
- 18 years of age or more
- Experience in retail
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast pace environment
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as in a team
- Strong and motivated work ethic
- The desire in serving customers, and working with people
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Computer literate and able to operate common office machines
- Required to maintain confidentiality and discretion
- Must submit a criminal record check
*Individual Benefits After 6 Months*