- Posted on: November 26, 2018
- $15.00-$20.00 per hour for 40 hours per week
- Starting Date: January 7, 2019
- Permanent Full-time
- Job Listing Expires: December 17, 2018
- 1 Vacancy
Bogside Brewing is currently recruiting a Shift Brewer and Cider Maker
If you are ready to make delicious beer and cider in a brand new brewery and cidery in beautiful Prince Edward Island, this job is for you. Bogside Brewing is a 10 barrel, 3 vessel craft brewery, located in beautiful Montague, PEI, Canada. Surf Cider Co. is a craft cidery co-located with Bogside Brewing, producing hard apple cider using fresh local apples.
The brewery and cidery feature brewing equipment supplied by Diversified Metal Engineering (DME) in a newly renovated, 10,000 sq ft facility scheduled to start production in January 2019. Surf Cider is a craft cidery co-located with Bogside Brewing, producing hard apple cider using fresh local apples.
The mission at Bogside Brewing is to produce the best beer possible for our community. We use local products whenever possible, and support local farmers and companies at every opportunity. Bogside Brewing utilizes traditional techniques and only natural ingredients to produce delicious craft beers without the use of artificial additives or preservatives – we take beer seriously.
Bogside Brewing is seeking passionate, technically gifted, quality focused, and team oriented brewers to join our brewing team! Our brewers are responsible for the day to day brewing operations from receipt of raw materials, combining of recipe ingredients through to cellaring in preparation for smooth packaging delivery.
Reporting to the Head Brewer, this position will also be provided training on the brewing processes specific to our production facility and product standards.
This is a key position with the primary responsibility for beer and cider production. You should be passionate about craft brewing, inspiring others, training others, and delivering the best products possible. You must possess strong skills in all technical aspects of brewing on a large scale and maintain high standards of facility management including brewery sanitation, safety, quality control, and reporting.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain a strong team culture
- Helping to train team members
- Develop and maintain detailed written facility policies, beer production standards and operating procedures (SOP)
- Brew batches based on the brew schedule
- Keep meticulous records of all cellaring in logs at 100% accuracy, to include daily tank status reporting
- Cellar and filter when needed
- Maintain a clean production facility – CIP and sterilization of tanks, general housekeeping and sanitation
- Yeast collection & handling
- Help to maintain a successful lab & QA/QC
- Work any necessary cellar, packaging, and order packing shifts, when needed
- Working a variety of beer festivals as well as other events
- Maintain a safe and secure and clean working environment
- Must be timely and professional in all brewery related activities
- Participate in weekly production team meetings, and other meetings as scheduled
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Formal brewing education from an accredited training institute, or
- University Degree in Microbiology, Chemistry, or Food Science, and
- At least 2 years of experience in home brewing
- Commercial brewing experience is an asset
- Food and/or Beverage production experience is an asset
- Cider making experience is an asset
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Fundamental knowledge of mechanical, electrical, plumbing and machinery
- Excellent industry knowledge, including sensory analysis
- Quick thinking and ability to work with change
- Must be self-directed and motivated
- Strong work ethic, initiative and integrity
- Ability to into help in other areas of production
- Experience with cellar work and packaging lines
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office
- Strong problem solving skills, attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Must be able to multitask and think quickly on your feet
- Must be available and willing to work evenings and weekends when needed
- Must have a positive can-do attitude and work well with others
- Must be able to lift and move in excess of 55lbs, work on your feet
You are a fantastic and professional individual, you know how to have fun and be cool, and you care about the customer experience and the quality or the product we deliver every day. You value quality of life, and choose to embrace the Island lifestyle.
Competitive salary, and benefits package commensurate with experience and training.
Interested applicants may apply using the button below.
We thank you for your interest in Bogside Brewing; potential candidates will be contacted directly.
Apply to this job online at workpei.ca/jobs
You must sign in to apply for this position.