- Posted on: October 9, 2018
- $35,000-$55,000 per year for 40-48 hours per week
- Starting Date: January 7, 2019
- Permanent Full-time
- Job Listing Expires: November 26, 2018
- 1 Vacancy
Bogside Brewing is currently recruiting a Chef and Culinary Lead
Bogside Brewing is a craft brewery, located in beautiful Montague, PEI, Canada. Surf Cider Co. is a craft cidery co-located with Bogside Brewing, producing hard apple cider using fresh local apples.
Bogside Brewing is recruiting a chef to lead the culinary side of our business. We have a 100 seat taproom & restaurant that will serve lunch and dinner. Our menu is focused on local ingredients and will feature southern-style BBQ, local seafood and farm fresh dishes prepared in house.
If you’re looking for a unique opportunity to showcase the culinary delights of PEI in the comfort of a new facility, welcome to Bogside.
The mission at Bogside Brewing is to produce the best beer and food possible for our community. We use local products whenever possible, and support local farmers and companies at every opportunity.
Bogside Brewing is seeking passionate, technically gifted, quality focused, and team oriented chefs to join our team! Our chefs are responsible for the day to day culinary operations at our brewery and taproom.
This is a key position with the primary responsibility for all things culinary. You should be passionate about local food, BBQ, seafood, craft beer, cider, inspiring others, training others, and delivering the best products possible. You must possess strong skills in all technical aspects of the kitchen and maintain high standards of facility management including sanitation, safety, quality control, and reporting.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain a strong team culture
- Helping to train team members
- Develop and maintain detailed written standards and operating procedures (SOP)
- Prepare food based on the taproom schedule
- Keep meticulous records
- Maintain a clean food production facility, general housekeeping and sanitation
- Help to maintain a high standard of quality (QA/QC )
- Working and developing a variety of festivals as well as other events with a culinary focus
- Maintain a safe and secure and clean working environment
- Must be timely and professional in all company related activities
- Participate in weekly team meetings, and other meetings as scheduled
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Formal culinary education from an accredited training institute, or
- Demonstrated experience operating a successful restaurant, and
- At least 3 years of experience cooking professionally
- Food and/or Beverage production experience is an asset
- Beer or Cider making experience is an asset
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent industry knowledge, including sensory analysis
- Quick thinking and ability to work with change
- Must be self-directed and motivated
- Strong work ethic, initiative and integrity
- Ability to help in other areas of production
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office
- Strong problem solving skills, attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Must be able to multitask and think quickly on your feet
- Must be available and willing to work evenings and weekends when needed
- Must have a positive can-do attitude and work well with others
- Must be able to lift and move in excess of 55lbs, work on your feet
You are a professional chef that thrives in a team environment. You are passionate about quality and the customer experience. You still remember how to have fun. You value quality of life, and choose to embrace the Island lifestyle.
Competitive salary ($35,000-$55,000), and benefits package commensurate with experience and training.
Interested applicants, may apply by using the button below.
We thank you for your interest in Bogside Brewing; potential candidates will be contacted directly.