MacLeans Construction Ltd.
MacLean Construction Ltd. is Prince Edward Island’s longest established construction services firm, building our communities, businesses and institutions for over 60 years – a history of service unmatched in the Island construction industry.
Island owned and operated, MacLean Construction completes about 20 million dollars in sales annually, creating significant employment for Islanders and continued investment in Prince Edward Island communities.
Provide Project Management expertise to the projects assigned. Develop and coordinate project schedule, obtaining sub trade prices, awarding key contracts and issuing purchase orders. Represent MacLean Construction as the key contact with the Client Representative and work closely with the project assigned Site Superintendent. Monitor on an ongoing basis the financial status of the project, the project schedule and change orders or notices that may be issued though the Client or the Project Architect.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
– Ensure all projects assigned meet anticipated schedules, stay within budget, are executed at the high level of quality expected from MacLean Construction and that a positive nurturing relationship is developed with the Client.
– Prior to the commencement of a project it is the responsibility of the Project Manager to award contracts to the approved sub trades and PO to the awarded suppliers.
– Organize timely monthly progress billings including all approved change orders, no later then the end of the third week of every month.
– Arrange for a “MacLean Construction” sign to be erected in a prominent position on the project site. Ensure that the approval of the Owner is obtained prior to placing the sign on site.
– Organize in conjunction with the Site Superintendent a pre-construction meeting to review the project in detail. Work with the Site Superintendent to put in place all safety standards, the project schedule, list of awarded sub trades and the project budget will be thoroughly reviewed at this point to ensure there is a clear understanding between all parties on the expectations of the finished product.
– Notify the safety officer of the commencement date of on site activities.
– In conjunction with the Site Superintendent approve the purchase of all materials and supplies used on site.
– Communicate daily with the Site Superintendent to review any items of concern and the status of progress on the site.
– Resolve any on site issues that may arise and make suggestions or recommendations to the Site Superintendent to improve project planning and productivity.
– Organize and chair ( if permitted ) weekly or bi weekly site meetings to review project status, schedule, quality of work and sub trade performance. Document the outcome and circulate the minutes to all parties within 48 hours of the meeting date.
– Manage the contemplated change order and change order process in a timely fashion responding to the time frames requested by the client representative. In all case an approved change order must be received prior to modifying the requirements on site.
– Review on a weekly basis the financial status of the project. This will include the monitoring of on site material and labor costs, status of sub trade contracts, impact of CCO”s and CO”s on the project budget. Report all negative anomalies to the General Manager for direction and adjustments as required.
– Provide a monthly written report to the General Manager on the projects assigned high lighting the project status as it relates to schedule, finances, change orders and any concerns that may be an issue.
– In conjunction with the Site Superintendent obtain final inspections from all governing parties, prepare deficiency lists, arrange a walk through of the project with the client representative and apply and obtain an occupancy permit for the project.
– Provide a close out report within 3 weeks of project completion reporting on financial status, deficiency status, report on the Site Superintendent and sub trade performance and any recommendations for future considerations.
Key Performance Indicators
– Meeting or exceeding project schedule and budget expectations
– Developing a positive and collaborative relationship with the Site Superintendent and the Client Representative
– Undertaking project documentation and other paper work requirements within the time lines specified.
– Adhering to the Construction documents, specifications and contract requirements
– Timely handling of CCO and CO’s as well as monthly billing information.
– Ensuring MacLean Construction’s safety requirements are carried out at ALL times.
– Ensuring that the site is secured and kept clean at all times.
– Ensure builders risk insurance and WCB coverage is in place prior to any work being undertaken on site.
If you want to become part of a great team and believe you have the background and experience, please submit your cover letter and resume using the “Apply” button below.
We appreciated your interest in our company, however only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted. To learn more about our company click here.
Strong Interpersonal Skills