- Posted on: April 10, 2018
- $12.00-$15.00 per hour for 40 hours per week
- Starting Date: June 23, 2018
- Seasonal Full-time
- Job Listing Expires: September 30, 2018
- 2 Vacancies
Imagine a summer job that has you spending your time at the Charlottetown waterfront providing clients with unforgettable jet ski adventures. Flyboard PEI and Seadoo Tours is a small company that thrives on a fun team atmosphere, getting the job done safely and working hard to improve our client services. We are very excited to be preparing for our fourth year in business at the Charlottetown Marina by adding 2-hour guided Seadoo Tours and a new World Cup Jet Ski Slalom Course to our 2018 adventure packages.
We need two full time Seadoo Guides to come aboard approximately June 23 – September 30, 2018.
Before each jet ski tour, guides process clients, present safety orientations that outline boater safety, jet ski operations, emergency procedures, local hazards, radio communication, hand signals and onboard safety equipment. During tours, guides lead groups of up to six jet skis from the marina to view Charlottetown’s historical sites and around our exclusive buoy course to help clients get comfortable operating their boats. Next, groups will cruise down The Hillsborough River to explore colorful fields, hidden coves and amazing wildlife. Or venture out the harbor, past Stratford’s red cliffs, into the Northumberland Strait to visit Governors Island seal herd and to enjoy a float together.
You must have these certificates but for the right candidate b & c can be completed after hired
– Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
– First Aid & CPR – Red Cross #902-213-5172
– Pleasure Craft Boaters License – $40 online course
– You must be comfortable on the water and you can swim
– You must enjoy interacting with tourists, be outgoing and communicate effectively
Your Daily Duties will include:
– Your Priority is our Client’s Safety, our Environment and Equipment
– Customer Service – scheduling, transactions, equipment fitting
– Safety – orientations, equipment, procedures & hazard awareness
– Fuel Jet Skis Safely – able to lift 40 lbs
– Computer Skills – file management, Word, Excel, Google
– Take Photos/Video – clients Seadooing & Flyboarding
– Jet Ski maintenance – inspections & reporting
– Flyboard – equipment setup & flights
– Drive Pickup Truck – fuel, errands
– Open 7 days a week 11am-7pm (weather depended)
Assets: Hospitality and tourism, boating experience, edit images/video, lifeguarding, scuba diving, multilingual, can backup a boat trailer, mechanically inclined, marketing experience, social media. For the right candidate there is an opportunity to assistant with flyboarding flights and perhaps become Atlantic Canada’s second flyboarding instructor in 2019. The Position Starts Approx. June 23- Sept 30. The wage of $12.00 – $15.00 per hour will be determined upon your experience.