- Posted on: January 10, 2019
- $16.00-$18.00 per hour for 40+ hours per week
- Starting Date: April 22, 2019
- Seasonal Full-time
- Job Listing Expires: November 10, 2019
- 1 Vacancy
Assisting in the overall business operations of the golf course.
Work involves assisting an administrative superior by performing a wide variety of duties required to manage the pro shop and the general management of golf course personnel. Duties include customer service, supervision of personnel assigned to work in the pro shop, on the driving range and in golf cart maintenance, and the administration of facility rules and regulations. Work is performed under general direction from an administrative superior and is subject to periodic review.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises the operations and maintenance of the driving range and pro shop, Tournaments, leagues, etc.
- Assists in supervising and administering the overall functions of the golf course and its rules and regulations.
- Assists in the employment, assignment and termination of golf course employees.
- Serves customers in the pro shop and supervises inventory control.
- Serves as ranger for the golf course.
- Works as necessary to provide service at the golf course, which may include working odd hours and weekends.
- Coordinates the junior program which involves scheduling and supervising tournaments and clinics.
- Assists in other tournament operations.
- Promotes interest in the use of the golf course.
- Performs related work as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Graduation from an accredited college or university in an appropriate curriculum and some experience in the recreation field; or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Some knowledge of recreational operations and golf course maintenance requirements.
- Knowledge of personnel administration and business management.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all staff.
- Ability to supervise the work of others.
Wage to be negotiated.
To apply use the button below.
SkillsAbility to Multitask; Ability to Take Initiative; Customer Service;
Apply to this job online at workpei.ca/jobs
You must sign in to apply for this position.