- Posted on: November 1, 2018
- $15.00-$20.00 per hour for 40 hours per week
- Starting Date: March 1, 2019
- Permanent Full-time
- Job Listing Expires: May 31, 2019
- 1 Vacancy
The newly renovated Dutch Inn is looking for a Maintenance Manager to join our team! This position will oversee the maintenance operation performing preventive and regular maintenance and repairs to all areas of the hotel. The Maintenance Manager will be responsible for maintaining a clean and organized maintenance shop and for the security of hotel inventory and assets such as tools, supplies, furniture, fixtures, and equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Educate and train all employees in compliance with governmental and safety regulations.
- Ensure staff is adequately trained and has the tools and equipment to carry out job duties.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Communicate with all hotel department heads to stay informed of maintenance needs and ensure timely responses to requests.
- Understand and respond to guests needs and ensure a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Carry out preventive maintenance programs to ensure the facility is maintained and in service for our guests (example: lighting, refrigeration, heating, air-conditioning, water treatment systems, etc.)
- Maintain and order parts and supplies in a timely and efficient manner while minimizing waste and maintaining “green” initiatives
- Monitor expenses and control the budget for maintenance
- Manage relationships with contractors and service providers
- Develop maintenance procedures and ensure implementation
- Keep maintenance logs and report on daily activities
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Attributes
- Proven experience as a maintenance manager or other managerial role
- Experience in planning maintenance operations
- Solid understanding of technical aspects of plumbing, carpentry, electrical systems, etc.
- Working knowledge of facilities machines and equipment
- Ability to keep track of and report on activity
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent; Degree from a vocational school or BSc/BA in business administration or facility management will be an advantage
- Hotel experience is preferred
Maintenance Management: 1 year (Required)
Apply to this job online at workpei.ca/jobs
You must sign in to apply for this position.