Chief Public Health Office
- Posted: August 26, 2021
- $22.34 per hour for 37.5 hours per week
- Starts: As soon as possible
- Expires: September 24, 2021
- 50 Vacancies
This position will be work collaboratively with health professionals to complete rapid testing for individuals entering the province. They may be assigned to the following duties while on shift: gathering client demographic information from travellers, entering information into the Clinical Information System (CIS) and generating labels for testing, performing nasal swabs for screening clinics, gathering obtained swabs and transporting to the ID Now testing area and processing the collected swabs through the ID Now point of care testing machine.
- Knowledge of appropriate utilization of PPE to reduce risk of contamination;
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and spend extended time on feet;
- Flexible and accommodates need for change in directions and demands with short notice;
- Good team member who collaborates to identify and implement improvements and change;
- Understands and respects authority of organizational and operational decision making;
- Ability to work variety of shifts; days, evening, nights and weekends;
- Ability to work in environment that may at times be physically challenging, such as a variety of weather conditions (temperatures) and standing for long periods of time.
- Conducting high quality and safe COVID-19 rapid testing using ID Now machine;
- Collection of client demographics and registering in CIS;
- Working in both drive-thru through and walk in testing environments;
- Utilizes appropriate PPE with an effort to conserve when possible;
- Utilizes universal personal safety precautions, contact, droplet and airborne precautions;
- Follows facility/location protocols and procedures for shift scheduling, uniforms/clothing, breaks, refreshments, etc.