- Posted on: June 7, 2018
- $65,000-$70,000 per year for 37.5 hours per week
- Starting Date: July 16, 2018
- Permanent Full-time
- Job Listing Expires: June 29, 2018
- 1 Vacancy
JKN is one of Canada’s leading providers of technology-enhanced learning products and services. Specializing in building national learning models, we work across multiple sectors, including police, security, real estate, and health and safety. JKN is offering an opportunity to work on a variety of technical projects with a variety of interesting clients along-side a talented and dedicated team.
The JKN team is seeking a Senior Technical Lead to champion technical projects within the organization. This position, based in Charlottetown, reports to the Operations Manager and works 37.5 hours a week.
What We’re Looking For
The ideal candidate will be a permanent resident in Canada. An understanding of French is considered an asset. JKN values collaboration and teamwork and as such, the ideal candidate will demonstrate a collaborative spirit and will want to be part of a team that fosters a positive working environment.
What You’ll Do
The Senior Technical Lead will own JKN’s software products and IT systems and will be responsible for:
- Developing high-quality software design and architecture
Identifying, prioritizing, and executing tasks through the entire system development life cycle
- Collaborating with internal teams and clients to fix and improve products
- Translating business requirements into technical specifications and helping to manage multiple project priorities, budgets and timelines
- Leading a team of backend and frontend developers and QA professionals; guiding the skill and ensuring the quality of the team
- Performing code reviews, highlighting areas to improve both the products and the team
- Analyzing product requirements and translating to design specifications
- Playing a major role in the IT decisions and helping the team achieve their goals
- Acting as a technical liaison between clients and staff, offering advice and taking part in the business decisions
This is a full-time position and offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and benefits package.
If you have the skills and talents to contribute to the growth and sustainable success of JKN, please email a cover letter and résumé by 5pm on June 29, 2018.
JKN thanks all applicants but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.