- Posted on: December 6, 2018
- Based on Experience per year for 37.5 hours per week
- Starting Date: December 7, 2018
- Permanent Full-time
- Job Listing Expires: December 21, 2018
- 1 Vacancy
At Mella & Shea Chartered Professional Accountants, our mission is to provide the highest quality accounting, audit, tax, and related professional services to our valued clients in a face-to-face manner that only a small firm can provide.
Our current client base ranges from one-person, owner/manager businesses to larger multi-divisional corporations, local government and not-for-profit entities.
We are currently searching for a full-time Senior Accounting Technician to join our team at our Charlottetown office. At Mella & Shea Chartered Professional Accountants we are proud to offer competitive wages, benefits package and flexible work schedules.
- Preparation of working papers for notice to reader, review and audit engagements;
- Experienced in monthly bookkeeping and reconciliation functions for monthly bookkeeping clients;
- Prepare tax returns – personal, corporate, and other CRA required filings;
- Minimum two to five years’ experience;
- Previous work experience in a public accounting practice will be a significant asset;
- Organized and detailed oriented;
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment, prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines;
- Excellent written, verbal and time management skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Knowledge in Sage, Quickbooks, Caseware/Caseview, Microsoft office, and tax preparation software.