- Posted on: June 7, 2018
- $40,000-$45,000 per year for 37.5 hours per week
- Starting Date: August 6, 2018
- Permanent Full-time
- Job Listing Expires: June 29, 2018
- 1 Vacancy
JKN is one of Canada’s leading providers of technology-enhanced learning products and services. Specializing in building national learning models, we work across multiple sectors, including police, security, real estate, and health and safety. JKN is offering an opportunity to work on a variety of learning and development projects with interesting clients along-side a talented and dedicated team.
The JKN Inc. team is seeking a Quality Assurance and User Experience Analyst to work with the Learning & Innovation and Developer teams within the organization. This position, based in Charlottetown, reports to the Learning Solutions Architect and works 37.5 hrs a week.
What We Are Looking For
The successful candidate will have proven experience in software quality assurance demonstrated through their use of QA methodologies, tools, and processes. Experience with regression testing is an asset. The ideal candidate will be a permanent resident in Canada. Bilingualism (English/French) is considered an asset.
JKN values collaboration and teamwork and as such, the ideal candidate will demonstrate a collaborative spirit and will want to be part of a team that fosters a positive working environment.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and implement QA guidelines, test plans, and standards and processes to meet project commitments as needed across internal departments
- Review projects for quality, completeness, and adherence to defined project standards
- Implement tools and techniques to improve quality measurement and assist with issue resolution
- Document and review feedback from end users and clients to present as usable data
- Test and iterate projects by means of a user-centered approach
- Make strategic design, quality, and user-experience decisions related to functions and features
- Support the project vision by means of researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up necessary user experiences optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Provide regular project status updates to management related to QA progress and issues
- Provide support and guidance to project teams as questions and/or issues related to QA arise
- Design, develop, and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document, and track bugs, monitor debugging process results, and track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
If you have the skills and talents to contribute to the growth and sustainable success of JKN, please send a resume and cover letter by 5 pm on June 29, 2018.
JKN thanks all applicants but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.