- Posted on: February 12, 2019
- TBD per hour for 40 hours per week
- Starting Date: April 8, 2019
- Permanent Full-time
- Job Listing Expires: March 5, 2019
- 1 Vacancy
BioVectra Inc. is a leading bio-science business in Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia, focused on contract manufacturing and product development of active pharmaceutical ingredients, pharmaceutical intermediates, and bioreagents.
BioVectra Inc. has an opening for a Quality Control Chemist. This is a full-time position located in Windsor, Nova Scotia. Rotating shift work will be required.
The candidate will be responsible for:
• Performing analyses using instrumentation techniques such as TLC, HPLC,GC.UV-Vis, and NMR
• Performing analyses using bench chemical techniques such as TLC, titrimetry, and gravimetry
• Maintaining accurate, real-time records of all laboratory activities
• Completing paperwork for release of materials including status labels and certificates of analysis
• Performing routine maintenance and/or calibration of analytical instruments and documenting these actives
• Adhering to BioVectra’s Health and Safety policy as outlined in CP0010 Occupational Health and Safety Policy, Statements of Principle, and Responsibilities
The successful candidate for this position should have:
• B.Sc. in Chemistry/Biochemistry, with an emphasis on analytical chemistry preferred, or a diploma in Chemical Technology
• Technical proficiency with laboratory instrumentation such as GC, HPLC, UV-VIS
• Ability to work in a fast paced team environment
• Effective Communication skills
• Knowledge of cGMP guidelines considered an asset
• Excellent organizational, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
BioVectra offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Interested candidates are asked to apply by choosing the “Apply Now” button below.
Closing Date: March 5th, 2019
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Apply to this job online at workpei.ca/jobs
You must sign in to apply for this position.