- Posted on: November 1, 2018
- $50,000-$80,000 negotiable per year for 40 hours per week
- Starting Date: November 2, 2018
- Permanent Full-time
- Job Listing Expires: November 30, 2018
- 1 Vacancy
MacLean Construction is an Island owned business that has continued to grow for over 60 years. The company covers the entire construction industry from design to turn-key completion in the industrial, commercial and pre-engineered metal building areas.
MacLean Construction would like to invite qualified, enthusiastic individuals to apply for the following career opportunity:
The Project Manager possess the knowledge, experience and confidence to engage and professionally interact with the Client Representative while successfully directing the Site Superintendent, Estimator, and other construction related personnel in planning, coordinating and safely executing the work in accordance with the contract documents, schedule, and budget. The incumbent will work closely with the Client Representative for a project and fulfill an integral role on the project.
This position reports to the Vice President & General Manager
- Ensure all projects assigned meet anticipated schedules, stay within budget, exceeds client satisfaction and are executed at the highest level of quality expected from MacLean Construction
- Develop and maintain professional interaction with the Client Representative
- Ensure Site Superintendents reference and update MacLean’s Best Practice manual on an on-going basis
- Ensure Site Superintendents are up-to-date in regards to site instructions (SI’s), RFI’s, addendums, etc.
- Arrange for a “MacLean Construction” sign to be erected in a prominent position on the project site. Ensure the approval of the owner is obtained
- Tender, review, approve and award all sub-trades in conjunction with the Vice President of Operations
- Negotiate with each sub-trade contract to achieve the best possible price
- Issue PO’s or LOA’s for the approved sub-trade contracts as awarded
- Meet with the Site Superintendent during the initial project set-up to review all aspects of the project; scope, budget, schedule, list of sub-trades awarded contracts and safety principles
- Notify the Safety Officer of the commencement date for site activities
- Ensure Builder’s Risk Insurance and WCIB coverage is in place prior to any work taking place
- Ensure all bonding requirements are in place for each project if required
- Organize a pre-construction meeting to review the project in detail with the Site Superintendent
- Approve materials and supplies to be purchased for use on site in conjunction with the Site Superintendent
- Prepare monthly progress billings including all approved change orders and communicate this information to the Accounting department no later than the third week of each month
- Monitor site safety and ensure that the requirements of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and MacLean Construction’s Safety Policy are enforced
- Raise and discuss relevant issues during daily communications with the Site Superintendent
- Visit the project site at least 3 times per week. Variances are to be accepted only in the case where the distance to a site makes the site visits impractical
- Monitor and resolve any on-site issues that may arise. Provide guidance to the Site Superintendent to improve project planning and productivity
- Organize and Chair (if permitted) weekly or bi-weekly site meetings to review project status, schedule, quality of work, and sub-trade performance
- Develop strong working relationships with architects and consultants in order to acquire prompt approvals and payment certificates
- Manage and execute the Contemplated Change Order (CCO), Change Order (CO), and Change Directive (CD) process in a timely manner, responding to the time frames requested by the Client Representative and contract specifications. In all cases, follow up until an approved CO is received within the timelines of contract specifications
- Review on a weekly basis the financial status of the project which will include the monitoring of on-site materials and labour costs, status of sub-trade contracts, impact of CCO’s and CO’s on the budget. Anomalies to be reported to the Vice President of Operations
- Prepare a bi-weekly report for the Vice President & General Manager highlighting the project status, schedule, finances, change orders and any issues to be addressed.
- Obtain final inspections from all governing parties, prepare deficiency lists, arrange a walk-through of the project with the Client Representative and apply and obtain an occupancy permit for the project in conjunction with the Site Superintendent
- Ensure all close-out documents are completed and filed with the Consultant/Client as per contract specifications
- Prepare and submit a close-out report within 3 weeks of project completion reporting on financial status, deficiency status, sub-trade performance with recommendations or future considerations and Site Superintendent
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- Ensure MacLean safety requirements are carried out at ALL times
- Meet or exceed project schedule and budget expectations
- Develop a positive and collaborative relationship with all stakeholders (Client Representative, Site Superintendent etc.)
- Timely handling of CCO’s, CO’s, and CD’s in addition to monthly billing
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (PEng) preferred and/or construction management/technology diploma/certification
- 5+ years of experience leading construction or engineering projects as a Project Manager
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience in Canada
- Ability to perform financial and mathematical analysis
This is a full time position, with salary and benefits which commensurate with qualifications and experience.
If you are interested in this exciting career opportunity with MacLean Construction, please forward a professional resume with covering letter by November 30th, 2018 by using the apply button below.
MacLean Construction is an equal opportunity employer. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply to this job online at workpei.ca/jobs
You must sign in to apply for this position.