- Posted on: October 5, 2018
- $13.00-$20.00 per hour for 40 hours per week
- Starting Date: October 1, 2018
- Permanent Full-time
- Job Listing Expires: October 30, 2018
- 1 Vacancy
The Office Admin & Tendering Assistant is responsible to assist Estimators with the daily execution of the tendering process including researching and compiling data, writing, proofreading, and submitting tender bids. The incumbent provides secretarial, clerical, and administrative support to the Estimating team and the President in order to ensure services are provided in an effective and efficient manner.
This position reports to the President and Estimators.
- Research potential projects to tender on a daily basis and present findings to the Senior Estimator
- Manage and maintain the organization’s subscriptions to tender opportunity sources, portals, websites
- Create and manage FTP site for project to tender and download required documents (specs, drawings etc.) to the site
- Create and manage a hard copy file for project to tender; print and file required documents (specs, drawings, etc.) for the folder
- Review spec book and determine what sub-trades are required to tender the project
- Arrange sub-trades list and contact information for the Estimator’s review and approval
- Create bid invitations and distribute via email and fax
- Print and record bid quotes and present the Estimator a copy of the quote
- Post addendums and update bid invitations as they are issued/required
- Send follow-up memos and complete follow-up calls prior to tender closing
- Compile and arrange documents for awarded tenders and distribute accordingly
- Ensure proper handover of all tender documents between Estimating to the Operations project team in the event of contract award
- Submit weekly tender updates to respective recipients
- Maintaining and updating construction contacts
- Printing drawings to the plotter for the Estimators and Management Team
- Assist management with posting employment opportunities
- Receive and review incoming resumes, summarize and distribute to management for review
- As needed, assist management with interviews, reference calls, administration duties, etc.
- Compile information and required documents for prequalification and construction management proposals
- Prepare, collate CCDC 11 and cover letters to present to potential clients and edit as necessary
- Replace Receptionist when required
- Provide clerical/administrative support to the President
- Prepare correspondence, reports, presentations, and agendas for the President
- Prepare, monitor and update “Construction Management” documentation and client records
- Prepare and distribute communications to Architects and Consultants as directed
- Assist with organizing bonding and insurance for projects
- Manage and administer travel, hotel, and rental arrangements
- Track and record leave of absences for Construction and Engineering staff
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- Tender related information is accurate and prepared in a timely manner
- Support and administrative tasks are timely, proactive, accurate, and treated with confidentiality
- Construction Technology Diploma, BSc QS, BBA/B. Commerce Degree, BEng or combination of related experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Tendering Assistant or working with tenders in the construction industry
- Proven ability to effectively manage own workload, and work within given timeframes (both internal and external), to ensure project requirements are met
- Meticulous attention to detail with high importance placed on accuracy
- Good communication skills with the ability to deal with people at all levels
- Fosters and develops beneficial relationships
- Extensive experience with all Windows platforms, Microsoft Office, Internet, etc.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Experience with reviewing, writing, editing, and producing clear and concise documents
- Flexible with working hours to ensure deadlines are met
This is a full time position, with salary and benefits which commensurate with qualifications and experience.
If you are interested in this exciting career opportunity with APM, please forward a professional resume with covering letter by September 30th, 2018.
APM is an equal opportunity employer. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.