- Posted on: March 15, 2019
- $17.00-$25.00 per hour for 40 hours per week
- Starting Date: February 18, 2019
- Permanent Full-time
- Job Listing Expires: April 26, 2019
- 1 Vacancy
As we prepare to move into a brand-new facility with 4 drive through truck-bays, indoor washing bay and on-site fitness centre, Seafood Express (P.E.I.) Ltd. is recruiting a Maintenance Technician to join our team! If you have 3-5 years of experience as a technician please apply.
This is a full-time permanent position. Our Technicians can expect to rotate between an early shift and a late shift, finishing between 5-9 pm depending on operational needs. There are also rotating weekends, rotating after hours support phone service and occasional overtime. Travel to off-site and remote locations may be required.
Our Maintenance Technicians troubleshoot major and minor mechanical problems, perform inspections and routine maintenance, repair and adjust mechanical components, maintain parts inventory and ensure the workplace is a safe and clean environment. You can expect to:
- Work with late model power units (2015 and newer)
- Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of commercial transport truck systems including chassis, frame, cab, body, engine and drive train, air brakes, steering, and fuel, hydraulic, electrical and electronic systems
- Inspect motors in operation, perform road tests, or use computerized diagnostic devises to diagnose and isolate faults and determine whether to repair or replace components
- Clean, lubricate and perform routine maintenance work on equipment such as oil changes, lubrications, tune ups and tire changes
- Perform incidental welding operations and body work
- A high school diploma or GED
- Certification as automotive service technician
- Certification as Transport Trailer Technician or Truck and Transport Mechanic would be an asset
- Driver’s license and access to reliable transportation
- Working in long-haul transportation environment
- Red seal endorsement as automotive service technician
- Knowledge of North American geography
- Knowledge of inventory control and inventory systems for parts management
- Experience in the use of Logistics software
- Class 1 driver’s license
Seafood Express (P.E.I.) Ltd. is a premier transportation company based in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island. With brand new modern facilities, a fleet of late model power units, a multi-cultural, inclusive workplace and attractive benefit plans, we are a Company committed to our employees. We specialize in temperature control shipping between Eastern Canada, the United States East Coast and Central Canada.
Please apply with your resume.
As part of the hiring process you will also be asked to provide:
- Copy of Class 1 Driver’s License with Air Brakes
- Driver’s Abstract for previous 5 years
- Criminal record check
- Copies of current certifications
Apply to this job online at workpei.ca/jobs
You must sign in to apply for this position.