- Posted on: June 8, 2018
- $20.00-$25.00 per hour for 37.5 hours per week
- Starting Date: August 20, 2018
- Contract Full-time
- Job Listing Expires: June 29, 2018
- 1 Vacancy
JKN is one of Canada’s leading providers of technology-enhanced learning products and services. Specializing in building national learning models, we work across multiple sectors, including police, security, real estate, and health and safety.
JKN is seeking a Junior Instructional Designer to work as a part of the Design and Development of eLearning courseware. This position is based in Charlottetown, reports to the Learning Solutions Architect and works 37.5 hours a week.
What We Are Looking For
The ideal candidate will be a team player who is capable of working as a part of an internal team including a project manager, instructional designers, developers, graphic designers and QA professionals. In addition, the candidate will have experience in coordinating relationships with external Subject Matter Experts (SME’s).
You will have:
- 2 years of experience in the field of instructional design and post-secondary education in a related discipline
- Foundational knowledge of instructional design techniques, particularly as they pertain to adult learning
- Proficiency with rapid design tools (Articulate, Captivate, etc.)
- Understanding of UI/UX best practices and trends as they pertain to online learning
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple projects with a range of complexities within a variety of constraints
- Experience working in a customer-facing role
- Strong written and oral communication skills; technical writing skills are considered a plus
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with MS Office, email, and other basic PC applications
What You’ll Do
- Co-ordinate with project members and managers to ensure project and learner success by creating schedules, identifying resources, risks and opportunities.
- Conduct needs assessment and audience analysis as required
- Conduct needs/gap analysis on existing training materials to improve learning experiences
- Liaise with Subject Matter Experts to gather and synthesize content and source materials and to validate content throughout the design and development process
- Define and develop assessment strategies and learning outcomes
- Ensure training materials are clear, concise, consistent, and instructionally sound and follow JKN guidelines and development processes
- Document standards based on best practices and client needs
- Provide guidance and direction on evaluating courseware and learning effectiveness and undertake reviews of courseware, processes, and best practice, as needed
- Maintain and communicate instructional design standards to the project team
- Ensure vision and standards on projects are met and maintained
- Review material for accuracy and adherence to standards
- Review material with clients
This is a full-time position and offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and benefits package. If you have the skills and talents to contribute to the growth and sustainable success of JKN, please send a cover letter and résumé by June 29, 2018.