- Posted on: August 8, 2018
- To be negotiated per hour for 37.5 hours per week
- Starting Date: August 27, 2018
- Contract Full-time
- Job Listing Expires: August 31, 2018
- 1 Vacancy
Human Resources Advisor
The Construction Association of PEI is a long standing Association with over 180 members and represents the Construction Industry here on PEI. CAPEI is looking for an energetic candidate to start an exciting new initiative for our members and industry to help with the recruitment and retention of skilled trades people
The Construction Association Of PEI has an opening for an HR Advisor, located in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island. This position will focus on the recruitment needs of the industry and partner with our members to provide guidance and support for recruitment and retention of skilled trades people
The candidate will be responsible for:
• Working with employers/members to identify hiring needs for the near term and mid-term (up to one year ahead)
• Developing individualized HR strategies/recruitment plans for businesses, including identifying key hiring priorities and schedules
• Preparing ready-to-use job descriptions for common and in-demand construction positions that employers can use to create job advertisements or job descriptions
• Providing advice and support to employers/members on recruitment methods and tools, including Islandbuilder.ca, WorkPEI and other tools/resources
• Providing advice and support to employers/members on wages and compensation (market value) for various positions
• Attending job fairs and other events to promote jobs/careers within the construction industry generally and to specifically promote available openings
• Liaising with Holland College and other trainers in the region to recruit graduates and students
• Providing other human resources advice and support to members as requested (retention issues, intergenerational workplaces etc.)
The successful candidate for this position would have:
• Bachelor’s degree or college diploma with a concentration in Human Resources (experience plus a related post secondary credential will be considered)
• Experience in providing advice to employers on recruitment and retention
• Experience within the construction industry would be an asset
. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
. Excellent organizational and time management skills.
. Excellent decision making skills.
. Ability to work with minimal supervision in a multi-task environment
. Own transportation
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: contract