- Posted on: August 8, 2018
- $50,000-65,000 per year for 40 hours per week
- Starting Date: August 22, 2018
- Permanent Full-time
- Job Listing Expires: September 19, 2018
- 1 Vacancy
Are you looking for a new and exciting opportunity in the HR field? Our client, a premier transportation company based in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, is looking for an experienced Human Resources Manager.
Position Reports to: General Manager & Management Team
Salary Range: $50,000 – $65,000/year to start (based on experience, etc.)
The Human Resources Manager leads the Human Resources practices and objectives for the company and creates a high-performance culture through strategic HR policies and programs.
You will be responsible for developing and executing HR services that drive performance and boost moral for all staff within the company. You are required to have a comprehensive knowledge of leading human resource processes & systems/programs as well as the ability to clearly articulate and promote our company policies & procedures, as well as our company culture & values.
This position is a full-time, permanent position based on 40 hours a week. Our company offers a full benefit program, an RSP program and 2 weeks vacation as a start.
• Lead all Human Resources functions including employee relations, leadership development, employee engagement, performance management, training and development, compensation and retention.
• Provide leadership and guidance for the development and implementation of new HR programs, policies and procedures introduced to the company.
• Ensure HR fundamentals and processes are delivered on time and within company standards.
• Implement and execute initiatives with a focus on continuous improvement, boosting company moral/culture, staff retention, etc.
• Manage change and communication internally to all staff and drivers.
• Develop processes to ensure that all staff are meeting performance expectations, professional development expectations, etc. on an ongoing basis throughout each year.
Develop job descriptions and duties for all current and new hires that are accurate and compliant per applicable regulations.
Internal Staff Applications & Hiring:
• Develop internal staff applications for new hires, to ensure they are up to date with current labour laws, and company policies & procedures.
• Seek out, interview and screen applicants to fill existing openings while maintaining a current knowledge of company hiring criteria.
• Gather, and analyze information skillfully to obtain a complete application and pre-qualify applicants.
• Inform potential applicants about facilities, operations, benefits, pay, and specialty and dedicated opportunities.
Policies & Procedures:
Administer various human resources plans and procedures for company personnel; assist in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepare and maintain employee handbook and policies and procedures manual.
Administer the Company’s benefits program to include employee/driver setup, claims resolution, change reporting, and communicating benefit information to employees.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• High School diploma or equivalent certification;
• University degree is an asset, but not required;
• CHRP certification is an asset, but not required;
• Recruitment and selection skills;
• Proven ability to meet or exceed the staffing goals for the driver department;
• Experience in performance management;
• Team player, Highly organized, Time management;
• Excellent communication skills;
• 3+ years experience is an asset, but not required.
If you feel you are the successful candidate for this position, please apply with your resume and cover letter.