- Posted on: October 5, 2018
- $40,000 and up per year for 40 hours per week
- Starting Date: October 29, 2018
- Permanent Full-time
- Job Listing Expires: October 30, 2018
- 1 Vacancy
APM has earned an enviable reputation for being one of the premier builders in Canada. In over 30 years, we have established ourselves as reliable, timely, and experienced company with our clients’ interests in mind. Our focus on Service, Trust, and Value is a key part of why we’re building across Canada.
APM would like to invite qualified, enthusiastic individuals to apply to for the position of General Contractor Construction Estimator.
This is a full time permanent position or contract, with salary and benefits which commensurate with qualifications and experience.
If you are interested in this exciting career opportunity with APM, please forward a professional resume with covering letter either by email or in writing to email@example.com by September 1, 2017.
APM is an equal opportunity employer. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest: however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As the successful candidate, you are a highly trusted, detail oriented individual who has the ability to work as a part of a cross-functional team in a fast-paced environment. The following qualifications would be an asses in the selection process:
- Graduate from a recognized Engineering, Construction Management, and/or Construction Science Program
- 5 years experience as an Estimator in Canadian commercial/ retail/ industrial construction
- Prior experience working hands-on in commercial/ retail/ industrial construction
- Red Seal Carpenter or carpentry experience couples with estimating experience
- Exceptional problem solving, prioritizing, and time management skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills
Reporting to the President, the Construction Estimator is responsible to compile timely, accurate, and competitive estimates, to provide a client or potential client, for a tendered or negotiated project.
Responsibilities for this position include, but not limited to the following:
- Interpret blueprints, drawings, and specifications
- Gather proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents
- Assess material, labour and equipment required for a project
- Analyze labour, material, and time requirements
- Prepare quantity take-offs
- Assemble, summarize, and analyze tenders; recommend awards
- Assist in selection of sub-trades
- Interface with Project Manager, support team and Client to achieve precise and accurate estimates
- Solicits and maintains communication with subcontractors and vendors
- Submits 100% of bids and budgets by bid deadline