- Posted on: October 31, 2018
- Commensurate with experience per year for 37.5 hours per week
- Starting Date: November 1, 2018
- Permanent Full-time
- Job Listing Expires: November 19, 2018
- 1 Vacancy
PEI Business Women’s Association is seeking a professional and qualified team player as its Events and Communications Officer to produce PEIBWA events and the organization’s communications. Working from the Charlottetown office, this is a full-time position, dependent upon funding, salary to be determined based on experience and qualifications. Reporting to the Executive Director, these are the responsibilities of this position:
- Plan and coordinate PEIBWA meetings and events, including Camp Dynamo, the Women in Business Symposium, the AGM, workshops and mixers.
- Promote outreach, training and events through the PEIBWA newsletter and social media communications, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Provide insight on and implement the latest communication trends.
- Engagement of and outreach to membership through consistent marketing and branding.
- Coordinate media relations and prepare press releases.
- Develop marketing material and outreach for program delivery.
- Assess effectiveness and cost of communication activities.
- Support Executive Director with research and preparation of communications, reports, presentations and proposals.
- Effectively work with vendors and manage budgets.
- Recruit, train and oversee volunteers, and promote event protocol.
- Attend meetings and events when required.
- Maintain an effective, confidential and accountable filing system.
- Some travel throughout the province at times and extended hours of work may be required.
- Other duties as required by the Executive Director.
Formal Education/Training Required:
- Degree or diploma in marketing and communications, business administration, or a relevant field of study from a recognized university or college.
- At least 5 years of progressively more responsible experience in successful event management and marketing and communications.
To apply use the button below.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS MONDAY, NOVEMBER 19, 2018, AT 5:00 P.M.
Thank you to all that apply; however, only those that are selected for an interview will be contacted.
SkillsAbility to Learn; Ability to Multitask; Customer Relationship Management (CRM); Highly Organized; Marketing; Oral and Written Communication; People Management; Project Management; Website Design; Word Processing;
Apply to this job online at workpei.ca/jobs
You must sign in to apply for this position.