- Posted on: August 8, 2018
- To be determined per hour for 40 hours per week
- Starting Date: August 22, 2018
- Permanent Full-time
- Job Listing Expires: September 19, 2018
- 1 Vacancy
Are you passionate about recruiting? Our client, a premier transportation company based in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada, specializing in transporting temperature controlled Canadian and US cross-border shipments, and full brokerage services is looking to grow their team.
Position Reports to: Human Resources Manager & Management Team
The Driver Recruiter leads the driver recruiting practices and objectives for the company and creates thorough hiring standards, policies and programs to achieve our dynamic fleet growth goals and objectives. You will also be responsible for forecasting for current hiring trends, fleet size-changes, etc. to ensure our fleet of trucks is equipped with a sufficient number of drivers.
This position is a full-time, permanent position based on 40 hours a week. Our company offers a full benefit program, an RSP program and 2 weeks vacation as a start.
· Develop and implement strategic recruiting plans;
· Develop and retain an appropriate pool of drivers and convert high volume leads into fleet drivers;
· Ensure that communication between different departments regarding driver staffing is timely and effective in order to capitalize on current prospects and potentials;
· Determine proper qualification of applicants based on our contract criteria and company safety policies;
· Review ongoing hiring goals by recruiting safe, professional drivers;
· Effectively inform candidates and potential candidates about what our company can offer them as a company driver through interviews, phone calls, job/recruiting fairs, etc.;
· Continuously improve recruiting work processes to ensure driver applicants meet all company requirements and have a best-in-class recruiting experience;
· Develop job descriptions and job duties for all new driver hires that are accurate and compliant per company safety polices and applicable regulations and laws;
· Work with other internal departments to ensure that the company is retaining new driver hires;
· Ensure that new drivers arrive for orientation fully prepared and ready to start their job as a new company driver (introductions to staff, tour of facility, etc.);
· Train and review with drivers as needed on all current and new compliance regulations and company policies & procedures;
· Review driver pay scale and bonus program and make appropriate changes to driver pay, driver bonus program, etc.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· High School diploma or equivalent certification;
· University degree is an asset, but not required;
· Recruitment and selection skills;
· Proven ability to meet or exceed the staffing goals for the driver department;
· Experience in performance management;
· Team player, Highly organized, Time management;
· Excellent communication skills;
· 2 + years experience is an asset, but not required.
If you feel you are the successful candidate for this position, please send your resume and cover letter.