- Posted on: June 7, 2018
- $55,000-$65,000 per year for 37.5 hours per week
- Starting Date: July 23, 2018
- Permanent Full-time
- Job Listing Expires: June 29, 2018
- 1 Vacancy
JKN is one of Canada’s leading providers of technology-enhanced learning products and services. Specializing in building national learning models, we work across multiple sectors, including police, security, real estate, and health and safety.
JKN is seeking a Business Development/Account Representative. This position is based in Charlottetown, reports to the Director of Business Development and works 37.5 hours a week.
The JKN team is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated individual with proven skills to strategically promote innovative online learning products and services. As an integral member of the team, the Business Development/Account Representative will be responsible for:
- Managing and growing sales of technology enhanced learning solutions to assigned accounts and target markets in the Canadian security and post-secondary sectors, through a relationship-based sales approach
- Working with management team in developing and implementing appropriate tactics, sales and marketing plans, and revenue targets to achieve organizational objectives
- Identifying and evaluating sales opportunities, preparing quotes/proposals, and negotiating close of sale
- Forecasting sales revenues and expenses, meeting sales targets and regularly reporting against targets
- Attending and/or presenting at industry conferences, tradeshows, and local networking events
- Soliciting competitive information from the market regarding potential topics for new technology or eLearning course development
- Travel to various major Canadian cities to meet with clients 4-6 times per year, or more as required
The ideal candidate will be a permanent resident in Canada. Bilingualism (English/French) is considered an asset. JKN values collaboration and teamwork and as such, the ideal candidate will demonstrate a collaborative spirit and will want to be part of a team that fosters a positive working environment.
The Business Development Representative skill set will include:
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent combination of previous work experience and education
- 3-5 years’ experience in relationship and consultative sales
- 3-5 years’ experience in strategic business planning and execution
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and written skills
- Capacity to thrive in a performance-driven, goal-oriented environment
- Exceptional computer, organizational, and presentation skills
- Previous experience in a technical industry, education, or public safety would be beneficial
- An appreciation for life-long-learning and education
This is a full-time position based in Charlottetown and will require some travel. It offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and benefits package.
If you have the skills and talents to contribute to the growth and sustainable success of JKN, please send a cover letter and résumé by 5 p.m. on June 29, 2018.