- Posted on: June 11, 2018
- $18.00 per hour for 37.5 hours per week
- Starting Date: July 16, 2018
- Contract Full-time
- Job Listing Expires: July 3, 2018
- 1 Vacancy
Contract: Full-time to March 31, 2019 (possibility of an extension)
Wage: $18 per hour
Hour: 37.5 hours per week
Responsible for all aspects of the BOC portfolio, including but not limited to: finalizing the Annual Narrative Report, engaging program coordinator’s in their workplans in a supportive role, assisting with organizing and implementing the Annual AGA along with the creation of the AGA “kit”, assisting with organizing Townhall meetings, Zone Meetings, other meetings and events of the council, etc.
REPORTS TO: Management Team and ultimately the President and Chief.
- Provide administrative support to Senior Management team when required.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the President and Chief including: composing and preparing correspondence, monitoring “Calls for Proposals” and assisting management with completion of proposals when necessary.
- Monitor monthly staff reports to ensure funding compliance.
- Board maintenance which includes but not limited to: criminal record check, contact information, updating board binders, maintaining Board Minute Book, travel arrangements, bookings, taking meeting minutes.
- Compile and review Program Coordinator’s funding reports one week prior to the submission deadline for management review and submission.
- Ensure that the President and Chief is cc’d and forwarded any communication relevant to NCPEI’s mission, vision, mandate, events, proposals, reports, and others deemed necessary by the President and Chief.
- Perform other related duties as required and/or requested (AGA, Pow Wow, National Aboriginal Day, Christmas Events, etc).
- Relevant post secondary education with 2-3 years of experience or a combination of education and experience.
- Experience writing high-level reports to a variety of funding bodies.
- Experience in Non-profit Board operations (meeting minutes, catering, board binders, booking travel, etc).
- Knowledge of the Indigenous community an asset.
- Experience in event planning an asset.
- Strong administrative and budgeting skills.
- Experience working in non-profit, multi-funded organizations.
- Working knowledge of proposals, workplans, budgets and reporting.
- Previous experience in writing/developing proposals an asset.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, vulnerable sector clear criminal record check clearance.
Please apply by using the apply button below.
Subject Line: Basic Organizational Capacity (BOC) Coordinator
CLOSING DATE: July 3rd, 2018 at 4:00pm
START DATE: Immediately
As per section 16 (a) of the Canadian Human Rights Act: Preference will be given to persons of Aboriginal ancestry