- Posted on: September 7, 2018
- To be determined per year for 37.50 hours per week
- Starting Date: September 24, 2018
- Permanent Full-time
- Job Listing Expires: October 31, 2018
- 1 Vacancy
Sekisui Diagnostics is currently looking to hire a Global Trade Compliance (GTC) Specialist who will participate with ensuring all import and export activities are completed in compliance with applicable government rules and regulations. This dynamic position provides support to the Sr. Manager Global Trade Compliance. Works closely with Global Trade management to ensure compliance with global import and export regulations while ensuring that overall organization objectives are supported.
- Assist in the development and implementation of compliance procedures ensuring site-level compliance with regulations and corporate policy.
- Support internal auditing, monitor activities and transactional testing to identify, quantify and report results to the GTC Sr. Manager.
- Monitor import shipments to resolve daily compliance issues and reply to requests for information.
- Manage and assign US HTS classifications, Export Control Classification (ECCN) and country of origin information.
- Support Free Trade Agreements and special programs, including management of certificates of origin and TSCA Certifications.
- Assist with creating training materials and delivering team training.
- Interact remotely with global team members pertaining to Global Trade Compliance and cross-functionally related personnel, such as R&D, Engineering, Customer Service, Procurement, Sales, etc.
- Support the GTC Sr. Manager with the preparation of classification ruling requests.
- Maintain Product Dictionary and Classification files.
- Audit USDA Permits and shipping files for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with record keeping requirements and report findings to Sr. Manager Global Trade Compliance.
- Assist in preparation of letters, certifications, and other correspondence to customers, vendors, brokers, freight forwarders, and other parties involved in import and export transactions.
- Prepare periodic updates and metrics reports for import and export operations.
- Assist with logistics and shipment management.
- Assist with NAFTA solicitation, qualification, certification, and record keeping.
- Record Retention (NAFTA, Certificates of Origin, Customs entries, export checks).
- Utilize various software components to analyze import/export data.
- Track status of export authorization requests.
Education / Experience / Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree with 2 years’ experience or an associate degree with 3+ years of professional experience is preferred; further education in trade controls strongly preferred (e.g. export certification/courses).
- Minimum two of trade compliance experience; prior experience in Biotech production preferred.
- Strong knowledge and experience with export operations and U.S. government regulations as set forth in the EAR, FTR, CBP, Canada Customs and other relevant export compliance regulations.
- Additional trade compliance experience, such as imports, etc. considered a plus.
- Transactional auditing experience on an ongoing, cyclical basis.
- Working knowledge of regulations pertinent to US-headquartered corporations, e.g. US export regulations (EAR and OFAC), anti-boycott, denied party screening, various sanctions/embargoes administered by the US and Canada.
- Ability to work effectively in a remote-communication environment within a global reporting structure.
- Experience with trade compliance information systems (ACE, screening systems, etc.).
- Proficiency with MS Office applications and ability to download and analyze transactional data related to import and export compliance.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must be detail-oriented
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- A passion for getting things right and growing long-term with a dynamic GTC organization.
- Can-do attitude, committed to finding solutions.
- Able to adapt and rapidly respond to the changing demands of a fast-paced, high-growth service-oriented environment.
- Flexibility in dealing with a variety of business partners, situations and requirements while remaining calm under pressure.
- Team oriented values and operates as a team player.
- Collaborator that engages others in discussion and is hands-on in problem solving.