- Posted on: June 13, 2018
- To be determined per year for 37.5 hours per week
- Starting Date: July 16, 2018
- Permanent Full-time
- Job Listing Expires: June 27, 2018
- 1 Vacancy
We are looking for an enthusiastic leader to join our team as a 4-H Administrative Director. As PEI 4-H celebrates its 100th year, we are seeking an individual who is both dynamic and passionate about renewal and leading the organization into a new era. This position is responsible for PEI 4-H’s consistent achievement of its mission and organizational objectives through leading and managing overall operations. The Administrative Director’s major mandate is to ensure that PEI 4-H has a long-range strategy which achieves its mission, and toward which it makes consistent and timely progress on its goals. Other key responsibilities include program development and administration, allowing for the optimal use of organizational finances, staff and resources. This position will also provide financial leadership by managing budgets and monitoring long-term strategic fiscal plans.
The Administrative Director reports to the PEI 4-H Council Executive and is accountable to the PEI 4-H Board of Directors. The Administrative Director serves as a resource in the development of Council policy and ensures the implementation of policies. This position is responsible for the PEI 4-H Office management, government and stakeholder relations, and member relations.
· Completion of post-secondary education in a related field; additional public administration diploma considered an asset
· Minimum of three (3) years experience with a not-for profit organization in leadership positions
· Effective leadership skills, with a strong focus on mentoring and motivating volunteers and employees
· Demonstrated ability to manage relationships with members, stakeholders (government, associations, etc.), leaders, volunteers, etc.
· Able to identify key issues; creatively and strategically overcome internal and external challenges or obstacles
· Demonstrated effective communications both verbally and in writing.
Applicants must have strong computer skills, a valid driver’s license and access to reliable
transportation within the province, and must be able to provide a criminal record check with vulnerable sector screening.
The successful candidate must be able to work flexible hours.
Complete job description available upon request.
Closing Date: Wednesday, June 27th at 4:00pm.
In person/Mail to:
PEI 4-H Office
40 Enman Crescent
Rm 235, Royalty Centre
P.O. Box 2000, Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8
Fax: 902 368 6289
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Interviews will take place the first week of July.
4-H PEI is a project-based youth organization devoted to strengthening the skills of responsible citizens. We focus on growth and development of our members, leaders, volunteers and staff through our motto: “Learn to do by Doing”.