- Posted on: May 15, 2018
- To be determined per year for TBD hours per year
- Starting Date: June 1, 2018
- Permanent Full-time
- Job Listing Expires: September 30, 2018
- 1 Vacancy
BioTraceIT™ focuses on novel technologies at the cutting edge of wearable health care.
BioTraceIT™ is seeking a Bio-sensor and Design Engineer skilled in working with ECG-like signals, evaluating algorithms, and prototyping electrical circuits. A strong background in system diagnosis, prognosis algorithms development and integration with experience in the processing of “real world” data is a must. Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work effectively with internal and external customers is also required.
- Algorithm and system architect for biometric sensors.
- Design, build, and test novel machine learning algorithms applied to biological signals.
- Develop data fusion algorithms for analyzing signal data from multiple sensors.
- Perform exploratory data analysis and visualization of multivariate clinical data sets.
- Collect, measure & analyze biometric data.
- Develop reference models for Embedded and Cloud deployments.
- Design and prototype electrical circuits.
- Collaborate on hardware design including power supplies, analog signal processing, controls, amplifiers, and microcontroller interfaces and systems.
- Adopt good scientific practices in all phases of the research and development process.
- Develop Quality Management and Risk Assessment procedures including standard operating procedures, test protocols and corrective and preventative action processes.
- Develop technical documentation for training purposes.
- Establish and optimize test methods and protocols for studies during the pre-verification and verification/validation phases for medical device technologies.
- Execute bench top, simulated tissue and wet lab studies utilizing subject matter experts to gather feedback on the performance of the test device.
- Compile results from studies in the form of scientific reports.
- Contribute to corporate patent portfolio and technical publications.
- Conduct literature research to stay abreast in field.
- Collaborate with peers to manage the development of appropriate testing to verify product meets internal and external customer requirements.
- Prepare posters and technical papers to be presented at technical and/or clinical conferences.
- Present findings to peers, leadership team, surgeons, customers, and at society meetings.
- Advanced Degree in Electrical or Bio-Medical Engineering.
- Previous research experience with biological signal processing and/or biomedical data analysis.
- Prior experience in signal processing and feature extraction from physiological signals.
- Good working knowledge of MATLAB, LabVIEW, JAVA, Python, Express PCB, Eagle.
- Experience developing software in a hybrid Windows/Unix programming environment.
- Familiarity with SQL, relational databases.
- Familiarity with cloud computing and big data technologies.
- Experience using a variety of office and project management software applications including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, OneNote, SharePoint, PowerPoint, etc.), JIRA, Agile, etc.
- Experience in software development life cycle and testing.
- Experience in medical algorithm development and support in medical industry.
- Experience in algorithm research and development.
- Experience in analog and digital design for medical devices including power supplies, analog signal processing, controls, amplifiers, and microcontroller interfaces and systems.
- Experience with design specifications, verification tests and FMEAs.
- Experience in working in both animal and human hospital and clinical environment.
- Knowledge of regulatory paths of medical devices (Health Canada, USA FDA 21 CFR 820, ISO 13845, HIPAA) and experience on gathering evidence.
- Strong knowledge of human anatomy, pre-clinical models anatomy is also preferred.
- Knowledge of statistical tests such as ANOVA, regression analysis, t-tests and experience using SPSS, STATA software.
- Experience in working with schematics, soldering and prototyping electrical circuits, cables and sensor design.
- Prior experience in working with lab equipment such as oscilloscope, frequency generator and power supplies.
In order to ensure a prompt and efficient processing of applications, candidates are encouraged to provide, along with their résumé, a detailed cover letter explaining how they meet each of the requirements of this position (education, experience, language requirements) by providing concrete examples. In addition, the candidate is encouraged to describe in detail when, where and how he/she gained the experience.
BioTraceIT offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
The incumbent must adhere to safe workplace practices at all times.
We thank all those who apply and will make an effort to contact each candidate, however while we appreciate your interest we may be able to only contact those selected for further consideration.