The Discipline Lead, Training Programs implements training strategies within the
organization for both internal resources and clients.
- Confer with management and conduct surveys to identify training needs based on projected production processes, changes, and other factors.
- Develop and organize training manuals, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials.
- Plan, develop, and provide training and staff development programs, using knowledge of the effectiveness of methods such as classroom training, demonstrations, on-the-job training, meetings, conferences, and workshops.
- Analyze training needs to develop new training programs or modify and improve existing programs.
- Develop testing and evaluation procedures.
- Conduct or arrange for ongoing technical training and personal development classes for staff members.
- Review and evaluate training and apprenticeship programs for compliance with government standards.
- Coordinate established courses with technical and professional courses provided by community schools and designate training procedures.
- Ensure records of course content, instructors and training statistics are maintained.
- Prepare training budget for department or organization.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Degree or Diploma in a related engineering field, education, Training, HR or related field
- Proven experience in designing multiple training events in a corporate setting
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Proven work experience as a trainer, training facilitator or coordinating multiple training events in a corporate setting
- Extensive knowledge of instructional design theory and implementation
- Adequate knowledge of learning management systems and web delivery tools
- Proven ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate)
- Familiarity with traditional and modern job training methods and techniques
- MS Office proficiency
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments
- Communicates complex issues clearly and credibly with widely varied audiences;
- Handles difficult on-the-spot questions (i.e., from officials, interest groups, or the media);
- Overcomes resistance and secures support for ideas or initiatives through high impact communications.
- Anticipates and responds in a proactive manner to future needs (of external clients and internal groups) that may not be obvious to others;
- Coaches, supports and encourages others to test their limits;
- Exceeds job expectations to contribute to Corporate objectives.