As part of AKA’s electrical engineering team, the Electrical Engineer in Training
(EIT) will participate in the design, development, implementation and
documentation of marine and onshore power systems. The EIT will participate in
ensuring projects are well defined and administered in accordance with the
agreed scope, budget and schedule, while providing high levels of customer
service. This position requires specialist knowledge, and a high level of
education in the field of electrical engineering or an associated discipline.
- Interface with customers to determine project scope, requirements, and
- Produce well defined specifications for systems to be delivered.
- Develop functional descriptions.
- Produce engineering documentation, such as schematics and functional flow
- Use electrical engineering principles to ensure systems are appropriately
- Use electrical engineering software and other tools to ensure designs are
robust and safe.
- Select parts and components for robust and effective design functionality.
- Develop supporting documentation, including system descriptions, test
procedures, maintenance and trouble-shooting manuals.
- Support onsite activities such as commissioning and trouble shooting.
- Attend site when necessary to perform any of the activities listed here.
- Take responsibility for professional development, including pursuit and
maintenance of professional designation and licences.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Engineering or a related field, or a combination of education and
experience suitable to the position.
- Experience in the design, development and implementation of electrical
power systems and/or control and automation systems.
- Field experience in industrial automation and control systems, or systems
engineering is considered an asset.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Proven analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to analyze complex systems engineering and automation problems
and devise innovative engineering solutions.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment and across multiple
- Proven ability to manage a diverse workload while prioritizing time and
resources to meet deadlines.
- Effective communication, interpersonal and customer relation skills.
- Proficient at the intermediate level in the use of MS Office products,
including Word, Excel, Outlook and Access.
- Tailor communication (e.g., content, style and medium) to diverse
- Read cues from diverse listeners to assess when and how to change planned
communication approach to effectively deliver messages.
- Communicate equally effectively at varied organizational levels.
- Understand others’ underlying needs, motivations, emotions or concerns and
communicate effectively despite the sensitivity of the situation.
- Persists in finding solutions.
- Considers ideas from a variety of sources (e.g. literature, peers) in order to
- Anticipates and responds in a proactive manner to future needs (of external
clients and internal groups) that may not be obvious to others.